ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-01-2021, 03:26 PM   #1172
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

732-2
McFarlane Toys- DC Multiverse: Batman Metal

I?m sure I?ve said this before, but it bears repeating: If you are not able to keep up with the monthly barrage of comics and want to stay current on so many of the current toy releases, the best, and FREE, way to keep up to date on what is out there is by watching a YOUTUBE creator like Comicstorian who basically complies and performs the comics like an old school radio drama, minus the folly work, using some of the art in the books to support the story. I cannot recommend it more and for me personally it has been an invaluable source of entertainment and education when reviewing some of these figures. I?m currently a quarter of the way through the almost 3 hour reading of the DC Metal and really loving it so far and has really opened my eyes to how great these McFarlane Bat-Metal characters really are. And the great thing is that it?s not just DC, but all comic companies as far as I know, which really helps with some of those Marvel stories that I?ve missed too!

Pros: Well, it?s Batman again. I guess it?s my own fault at this point and I really have no one to blame but myself given that I know McFarlane is keen on a ?Bat heavy? toy line, but would it kill him to branch out a bit? In any case, as far as I can tell, Batman here is the Earth 0, or primary, Batman that is featured throughout the DC Metals series. Overall the sculpt is dynomite from top to bottom, uses the McFarlane articulation pretty well allowing for a good amount of poses, and comes with two different battle axes. I?ve not seen him wield these just yet, but looks pretty bad ass in toy form.

Cons: McFarlane has typically done a really good job in putting function over form, but made an exception with Batman?s gravity defying cape. Overall I?m fine with it, but hope it doesn?t become a normal thing.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping