Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-30-2020, 04:35 PM   #11
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: $32.99 new price for Figures

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
In my opinion, nothing in the deluxe scale in any of Hasbro's lines have been worth $29.99, and here we go, paying $33 for the same figures.
Overall here’s my breakdown of value:
1. Transformers Deluxe: $30 is steep given what they used to cost, but given the engineering and new mold parts, the price tag seems reasonable
2. Gi Joe Classified: lots of new moulded pieces, superior articulation to the other lines and a good amount of accessories, price tag is reasonable.
3. Black Series: initially had unique moulds, soft goods and good articulation, but lately has reused parts, mostly eliminated soft goods (expect the new Jedi trio) and articulation issues like single pivot elbows. $30 is difficult to swallow and $32 is even worse considering they started out at $20.
4. Marvel Legends: On the whole MLs have been great, but are stating to slide. The mould reuse is becoming apparent and the lack of suitable articulation on the females is annoying. The saving grace for the line has been the BAF piece, but noticeably absent on the classic line and the Movie figures. Overall my days as a ML collector are numbered.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping