ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-04-2021, 02:20 PM   #953
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

572-2
Disney Toy Box- Disney Classics: Peter Pan

Peter Pan, at least Disney the Disney version, has become very problematic and for due reason. I’ll go into it in more detail when I eventually review the film, but it’s surprising to me that people tend to overlook the blatant issues in favor of calling out other films/media for pretty well the same issues. In fact, if you pull Peter Pan up on Disney Plus right now there is no “Images were a product of their time” warning (****EDIT**** There is a disclaimer, it's just not part of the film) that was included before some other Disney Plus movie and yet there is still an entire sequence / musical number literally called “What Makes the Red Man Red?” What the serious fuck Disney? I realize that the film is a genuine classic in some folk’s eyes and I’m not suggesting editing the art, but we should call it out for what it is.

Pros: I’m not a huge fan of Peter Pan as I think he’s a bit of a douchebag. That said this figure is pretty fun. A nice sculpt in the Infinity style, a good amount of articulation (including ankle tilts) and TWO accessories including the smallest dagger I’ve ever seen, sheath for said dagger and a PAN flute. Yes that is right, the PAN flute is what Peter Pan is named after. Not sure why that never dawned on me.

Cons: Outside of him having a bit of a creepy head sculpt, there’s nothing really bad about this toy; it’s a solid release.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping