ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-30-2021, 01:05 PM   #1042
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

635-2
Hasbro- Star Wars Black Series: Finn

Finally, after long last I’ve made it to the current round of Star Wars Black Series figures. For those not aware, the original run started way back in 2013 with X-Wing Luke Skywalker in what is referred to as the Orange Stripe boxes. The numbering continued with the Blue Stripe boxes, but Hasbro decided to start fresh with The Force Awakens resenting the numbering and a new red and black package. This scheme lasted for a good while, but has once again changed to a different packaging with different shape and color that I really like. Now, I don’t really care about the boxes or the numbering, but I could imagine MISB and completest collectors going nuts over this.

Pros: Remember when everyone thought that Finn was going to be a Jedi? I suppose he still could be, but I’m not sure if that idea will be explored any time soon; getting a bit ahead of myself though. I’m not sure if this is a hot take anymore, but I like the character of Finn and really liked his development through this film. As with all Black Series, they’ve captured the likeness of the character fairly well, the articulation is decent for a number of cool poses and I like the new blaster that they included.

Cons: I’m not trying to be negative, but I was pretty underwhelmed with this release. I’m not sure what else they could have included, but out of the package he’s just so basic. Finn is literally one of the main cast members of the new Disney age of Star Wars and all he gets is a gun? He also has the issue that I talked about a few reviews ago with having limited ankle movement due to interference of his pants.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping