Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-10-2020, 10:47 PM   #35
wedge1021
Mutant
Re: Star Wars Black 332nd Ahsoka’s Clone Trooper Released in Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
How can you say that so early? These figures have barely even hit state side yet and seemed to only hit Ontario as of now when it comes to Canada. Plus we're still in the middle of a world wide pandemic, and things are still being held up in transit. Most Walmart's will likely get these guys. The 6 inch line is a hot seller and more popular than the 3.75 line and especially the retro 3.75 line which is more of a niche thing. Plus Star Wars isn't selling like it used to and a lot of stores are still sitting on old sequel trilogy figures that they made the mistake of overstocking. So a lot of stores aren't going to be as willing to invest into getting a lot of a product that they might have to sit on again. Last year my Toysrus sat on Black Series General Greivous like 4-5 cases sitting on the shelf for months. Same with the Jedi Knight Luke WM exclusive. They had like 30 of him just peg warming at multiple WM's around this time last year too. Now my Toys'rus and Walmart's only get in the Anniversary 6 inch figures and Archive Waves. The regular Black series releases are practically non existent here now. If they do get a case it's only like one and by the time I come by it I'm lucky if there's just one figure left on the peg from the case.
Just going by Stocktrack.ca and recent history in my area. Of the 6 WM's in my region, only 2 of them have these listed as "Out of Stock". The other 4 says "Not Sold". In the past, this has meant that those stores were not slated to receive the item. They don't even have the shelf tags, while the other 2 stores do. I'm sure some areas will have a greater number of stores getting them than mine (GTA for instance).

I'll be happy to be proven wrong, but I have little faith in Hasbro and zero faith in Walmart Canada. They have given me little reason to have faith in them. In my area, only half the stores got Luke Jedi, and it was only 1, maybe 2 cases each. TRU is much better for exclusives. They usually end up getting a lot more eventually. Walmart not so much. For now, I'll be actively hunting them to try and get something before the scalpers. Because these figures are perfect scalper bait.

Maybe Hasbro will ship more. Maybe they'll get a wider release to other retailers. I could even see them maybe getting re-released in 2pks or something. Ahsoka + Trooper in one, the 2 Mandos in another. But I can just as easily see these never again seeing the light of day.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping