ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-13-2022, 03:36 PM   #1271
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

769-2
McFarlane Toys- Fortnite: Vendetta

It?s amazing how a toy line, that basically has the same amount of parts and generally the same design, is so different then the last. Big kudos to McFarlane for keeping the line fresh given that a certain other toy manufacturer would be satisfied with one master mold and a slough of repaints to follow and for a higher price. I should not be too forgiving though; these figures aren?t perfect. That said, some VERY minor tweaks (not just limited to Fortnite figures) would make these almost perfect. 1. Size: The 7? size class that has been co-opted by McFarlane is great for detail, it?s not great for scalability with other lines. 2. Articulation: McFarlane adding articulation was a game changer, but I REALLY cannot stand the ankle ball joints and the limited thigh swivel. 3. And this is Fortnite specific, I hate the raised stands. They are not big enough to support a wider stance, but most figures need them to not fall over.

Pros: Fortnite has two types of designs that the characters fall into: Silly or cool and honestly it?s a toss up as to which one I like better. See Vendetta here is in the cool category and he is certainly that. A sleek, badass design with translucent blue energy effects all over, awesome accessories including a character specific pickaxe and rifle with scope.

Cons: I seem to recall another Fornite figure with a hood that could not effectively move it?s head. Form over function I know, but still a bummer when turning one's head is essential to aiming and shooting a gun.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping