Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-10-2020, 11:34 PM   #36
Bman82
Red Shirt
Re: Star Wars Black 332nd Ahsoka’s Clone Trooper Released in Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
Just going by Stocktrack.ca and recent history in my area. Of the 6 WM's in my region, only 2 of them have these listed as "Out of Stock". The other 4 says "Not Sold". In the past, this has meant that those stores were not slated to receive the item. They don't even have the shelf tags, while the other 2 stores do. I'm sure some areas will have a greater number of stores getting them than mine (GTA for instance).

I'll be happy to be proven wrong, but I have little faith in Hasbro and zero faith in Walmart Canada. They have given me little reason to have faith in them. In my area, only half the stores got Luke Jedi, and it was only 1, maybe 2 cases each. TRU is much better for exclusives. They usually end up getting a lot more eventually. Walmart not so much. For now, I'll be actively hunting them to try and get something before the scalpers. Because these figures are perfect scalper bait.

Maybe Hasbro will ship more. Maybe they'll get a wider release to other retailers. I could even see them maybe getting re-released in 2pks or something. Ahsoka + Trooper in one, the 2 Mandos in another. But I can just as easily see these never again seeing the light of day.
I can confirm that this is the same in my area. Maybe half of the walmarts around me show out of stock but have tags ready for them in store. The rest that don't show up on the list do not have tags in store and from my understanding will not be getting any of these figures. I don't mind only select walmarts getting them but maybe 10minimum per store would have been nice.. not everything has to sell out in 2 days.. and even if they carried 20 per store and ended up with 5 on shelves after a week i still bet within a month the rest would be gone... we aren't talking about a peg warmer here.. these are troopers.. and a new unique one at that.
Bman82 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping