ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 05:44 PM   #1131
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

695-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends: Polaris

Anyone else remember the Marvel Masterpiece card set that was released in the early nineties? In truth, the only way you would forget is if you weren’t born at that time because they were a. everywhere and b. really freaky amazing. For those younger than 30 years old, Marvel Masterpiece was a series of collectible card sets featuring high quality portraits of some well known and not so well known Marvel characters. I know very little about the more recent series of cards, but I was a massive fan of Series one. This could be because I was the perfect age to both collect and enjoy them, but also because they were legitimate works of art. This is mostly due to the fact that each card, all 100, plus specials, were painted by well-known fantasy artists Joe Jusko. And while not every picture is a winner, the consistency gives the set a truly complete feel in that all the pictures are of the same quality and style. The other benefit was that the cards were quite literally a gateway to new comic characters that some people may not be familiar with as they feature a fantastic picture along with a little bio on the back of the card. Unfortunately Polaris did not make an appearance until Marvel Masterpiece Series 2 and it’s not nearly as cool as all of Series 1, but if she did, I would actually know something about her.

Pros: A character that I’m not really familiar with, but really is fantastic. She’s a great overall use of the base figure with an extremely attractive head sculpt, standard articulation and some nice pack-ins including a nice cape and two extra energy effects.

Cons: I got nothing; I love Polaris way more than I thought I would have.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping