ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-29-2021, 02:23 PM   #1138
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

700-2
McFarlane Toys- Fortnite: Overtaker

I’m not sure that I understand the naming convention for calling this guy Overtaker. I assume it’s because he’s a racing bike enthusiast of some sort, but I don’t really think of Overtaker as a specific racing term? Also, what type of motorsport requires a sword as found molded to his backpack? The other issue is my immediate reaction to the name as it relates to the world of Pro-Wrestling. Perhaps it’s a stretch to say, but the opposite of Overtaker is Undertaker and this design has really very little to do with the wrestler of the same well known moniker. I suppose a case could be made that when ‘Taker’ (what he’s called in the biz) relaxed the whole zombie shtick for a Hells Angels biker type persona would be quite opposite to this crotch rocket racer who was decked out in white leather.

Pros: As with all other McFarlane Fortnite figures, Overtaker has a really unique, cool looking sculpt with a lot of detail. Articulation is McFarlane standard and is good enough for a number of decent poses and he comes with the standard gun, Pickaxe, backpack accessories that all look great.

Cons: the only issue that I have with Overtaker, outside of the general issues that I have with McFarlane figures that includes frustrating articulation, is the helmet and its effect on the ability to move his neck.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping