ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-07-2021, 12:44 PM   #956
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

575-2
Hasbro- Transformers Prime: Bulkhead.

I’m starting to realize why I had a falling out with Transformers collecting and for the most part, it wasn’t Hasbro’s fault. No, it was my collecting habits and not knowing where to draw that line and apparently that line is between deluxe and basic figures. In my defence, historical Transformer lines had much more distinct characters that spanned all size classes, but it seemed as though the Prime toyline took the same 8 characters and produced them in all different size classes. It kind of makes sense as not everyone can afford a Voyager or leader class figure and instead could pick up the more affordable basic toye figure, but it all but eliminates the cool little unique figures, like Bumblebee and Rattrap that used to make up the Basic size class. Overall it looks like they have found a bit of a happy medium in current lines with unique figures like Rattrap, but also including smaller versions of the other, pricier characters, that I have learned to pass on.

Pros: Overall Bulkhead is decent for what he is: a fun little figure with a relatively well articulated robot mode that matches the cartoon model, a simple yet fun transformation and an enjoyable vehicle mode that works fairly well. I’m also impressed that they included a little clear accessory/weapon that fits both into his hand and on his vehicle mode.

Cons: Overall nothing; it’s a great little figure at a great price point.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping