ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 09:17 AM   #3
Onslaught
Cylon Centurion
Re: Price increases: keep buying or will you stop?

Am I wrong in thinking that at this moment, only Hasbro has really increased their prices? I still remember the shock when the TF Studio Series Deluxes (and later the mainline) got bumped to $30 when Deluxes were previously $20. That was only a few years ago, but at that point my TF collecting took a bit of a break. I'll still grab the occasional one, either on sale, or the Core class (I've always enjoyed the little TFs, too bad it isn't a bigger focus), or the occasional big item (thinking hard on Black Zarak).

I've kind of lost interest in the other Hasbro brands. Star Wars figures started to feel a bit monotone, and Legends felt like that but amplified because of the sameness (though they are doing lots of cool things here and there with some of the new products, and seem to be making solid ones like the Modular Iron Man). I got a few waves of Power Rangers too and the exclusive Snake-Eyes, but for some reason I didn't really feel all that excited about any of these in-hand.

Aside from Hasbro, collecting as usual. McFarlane has been fun, I'm excited for Pokemon from Jazwares and MOTU from Mattel, and those prices have all remained 'standard', if not lower than the norm. If it sounds like I own and will continue to own too much, that's absolutely right. I'm going to make a sales thread on here eventually with quite a few things. Still not sure how I'll handle the prices, thinking something like, ebay sold listings, but 20-40% off, depending on various factors.
Onslaught is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping