View Single Post
Old 05-25-2022, 05:43 AM   #5391
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorphGrid View Post
Fits in very nicely with comic Cap, especially if you have the 80th anniversary body. I've been using that and Cap as a duo together

I think Shang-Chi is more bad luck than the Eternals. I say this because Shang-Chi released at a time that no one was really ever going to movie theatres, which is why you saw streaming releases. Shang-Chi had a fair amount of hype considering it was the first Asian protagonist in a Marvel movie.

Eternals released shortly after but no one was hyped for the movie, so that was a huge error on Disney's part. I even struggle to find out why Eternals was a thing considering how small they were in the comics compared to the recognizables (although tht speaks to how random Phase 4 has been relative to the previous phases).

In regards to the toys, I think two other big factors was release timing, and design.

The toys got releases at terrible times because the pandemic really screwed up movie releases. Shang-Chi toys were out way before the movie, and some were even being clearanced before the movie even came out.

Both Shang-Chi and The Eternals also suffered from designs that really weren't very "toyetic." While there are some great designs in both films, the reality is that most of the costumes are boring when it comes to toys.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping