ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 03:08 PM   #992
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

596-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends: Colossus.

Can we take two minutes to collectively appreciate the AMAZING arcade cabinet Uncanny X-Men game from the 90’s? I recall spending hours in local arcades (shout out Laser Illusions in Southcenter) watching and playing all sorts of extremely sharp looking arcade games, but the Uncanny X-Men game still holds space in my brain. It was a pretty standard beat-em up, but featured some very iconic X-Men characters that were beautifully animated in their most iconic looks. It was also unique in that 6 people could play at the same time with one catch: everyone had to be a different character and (as far as knew anyway) not all characters were made the same. The choices were as such: Wolverine, Cyclopes, Colossus, Night Crawler, Storm and Dazzler. I typically played as Night Crawler or Cyclopes, but would settle for Wolverine if they were taken. I will never forget some of the dialogue including when Colossus used his special power with a great “RRRRAAAAAGGGHH” or when you faced BLOB as the first boss “NOTHING MOVES THE BLOB!” I think the furthest I got was the third or fourth level, but never had enough skill or quarters to actually finish it. Perhaps I’ll check it out on YouTube to see how it ends.

Pros: Perhaps it’s because it feels like a better value, but I typically favor the larger sized releases like Colossus: it just feels like you are getting extra for your money! Larger stature aside, Colossus has a great looking sculpt with molded detail on his metal arms, a solid amount of usable articulation and two unique heads: Classic and new and improved: BEARDED!

Cons: While I’m no Colossus purist, I do recognize that this is a less popular costume. I suppose it matches a time when he actually had the beard, but still not the classic version that everyone might be wanting.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping