Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-26-2021, 07:29 PM   #4303
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Plus a few months from now no one will care about Legion, unless he is way more popular than I think. Magneto is a nice figure, but a very specific look that no longer exists. Also there are a ton of Magneto figures out there, and I'm sure another one will show up within the next 1-2 years. So unless this is a version you "have" to have I wouldn't bother.

It's always a good idea, and fun, to look back a year and see what was released and whether or not today it is something you absolutely have to have now at above retail. Last September they announced the Joe Fixit wave. As of right now there isn't anyone from the wave who is going above retail, except Kang, and that is only because he was in Loki. Up until then he wasn't moving any more than the others in that wave.

So ask yourself, in a year will you care about any of this wave? If so, do you think any of them will be significantly higher than retail? (say more than $40)
This is good advice. I wish I would have done this a year ago when I was buying figures I didn't really want from lines I didn't collect just cause they were hard to find. The artificial scarcity really makes us collectors do weird things. If things were in more abundance, buying something that you didn't collect/want wouldn't even be a thought lol.
Zeroflamez is online now   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping