ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-11-2020, 11:12 AM   #783
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

475-2
McFarlane Toys- Star Trek: Captain Jean Luc Picard.

Well Y’all I did it. I was able to secure every single figure in the MacFarlane Star Trek series. I mean, it wasn't super hard given that there were only 2 god damn releases, but I digress, a win is a win. And while I had some very high hopes for this line, I appreciate the figures that we got given their overall importance to the Star Trek fandom. I mean that is one of the biggest arguments between treekies: Who IS the best Captain: Kirk or Picard. Unfortunately you won’t get much debate from me as I am more of a Picard guy myself. I could chalk this up to my enjoyment of The Next Generation over the original series, but I truly think that Picard is a better captain as Kirk consistently just broke the rules and relied on his crew to get him out of trouble. That said, I do recognize that Picard is somewhat unapproachable and might do things a bit too by the book, but after all, we are talking about the best Captain, not potential best friend. I will say, despite the flak that this might get me, I did like Chris Pine’s portrayal of Captain Kirk in the JJ Abrams Star Trek films more than Shatner, but I guess that is an argument for another time.

Pros: Much like his only line mate, McFarlane did a great job with Jean Luc and is a must for any Star Trek fan. The face sculpt is fantastic, the body sculpt is detailed to the series, the articulation is suitable for the character and he has a number of character specific accessories including a TNG style phaser, a Flute and a separate “engage” hand.

Cons: Three issues, two minor and one major: 1. They molded lines into his tunic that are not present on the character costume and I’m not sure why they are there. 2. He’s a little light accessory wise as compared to Kirk and could have used a book or a data pad. 3. WHY DID THEY STOP AT 2!!! This line had a lot of potential and it was cancelled after only 2. You got to give it some time to grow Todd…

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping