ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-15-2020, 11:43 AM   #787
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

477-2
Hasbro- Transformers Studio Series: Jetfire

There seems to be some revisionist history, of which I’m fine with, on Jetfire’s history in the War for Cybertron Netflix series and I’m wondering if the 2009 Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen had anything to do with it. For those unaware, In the Generation 1 series, Skyfire (Jetfire) was introduced before the war as a Cybertronian scientist who was a close friend to Starscream, but had a falling out. After the events of the Civil War and subsequent reunion on Earth, Skyfire briefly joined Starscream as a Decepticon, but quickly changed sides when he learned that they were the bad guys. Compare that to Revenge of the Fallen when Jetfire was a known Decepticon that actively changed sides to the Autobots and it’s a way different narrative. It’s also notable that all the other versions of Jetfire never had this bend to his history, so it would seem that Revenge of the Fallen may have been the catalyst for the change which is crazy given how little good had actually come from that movie.

Pros: When I saw that Jetfire was getting Studio Series release I was super excited given that I unabashedly love the live action, movie-verse version of Jetfire, so it will be difficult to remain objective. I mean just look at it: The robot mode looks to be fairly accurate to the look in the movie with a great bearded face and old crotchety frame, has a decently complex transformation and a fantastic looking SR-71 Black Bird jet vehicle mode. I also appreciate that he comes with his cane, but also a huge axe. Extra points given that he literally can fall to pieces to form armoured parts for Optimus like as seen in the movies.

Cons: 2 things: I can’t seem to find an Optimus to achieve the armoured look and his robot head is very apparent in the undercarriage of the jet mode.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping