Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-22-2021, 01:52 PM   #156
Napseeker
Dark Knight
Re: Star Wars Online/Pre Order Sightings Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
Nobody likes increases but it's a fact of life.
My point to you and those that say "just accept it" is that people don't have to. They call this hobby plastic crack for a reason... it becomes very addictive to get your regular fix, and especially during a pandemic when folks are desperate for any kind of emotional cushion.

Some people haven't yet discovered that they don't have to get it no matter what cost. It has to be pointed out to them. It's how you break the addiction.

I know I haven't gotten that overpriced Mando and Baby Yoda set (both 4 and 6-inch versions) and I've finally just learned to let it go. Both were overpriced exclusives that should have been regular releases and widely available. I don't blame the retailers (although Walmart has always been a shit retailer for any desirable exclusive) and I do put the blame on Hasbro, they know they can gouge for things like that deluxe Boba Fett or any Mandolorian exclusive set. And they do it.

And some manufacturers deliberately create false scarcity in order to fuel consumer desperation to buy it no matter what. That happened with those idiotic figurines that plugged into the videogame systems (Disney Infinity, or its precursor, whose name I've forgotten).

We all need to draw a line somewhere about how much to spend and whether we're really getting value for what the company is charging.

SIGHTING: for some reason the hard to find 6-inch Gammorean Guard is available to buy again at a reasonable (but above old retail) price. I recall this going for up to $80 to $100 on the secondary market when it first came out. Is $54 a good price? Collectors can decide if they'll pay it:

https://www.amazon.ca/Star-Wars-Blac...8SMRVR8S8EGPZ5
Napseeker is online now   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping