ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 07-21-2021, 06:47 AM   #11
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Haslab Projects General Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
Not to be a downer, but I really hate the Haslab projects. I just think catering to these massively expensive and exclusive projects leads to the deterioration of the overall accessibility to regular collectors. Is it really feasible to buy a single, albeit massive, figure for $700 that can barely fit into a collection every 6 months? Not to mention that $700 can buy around 20 regular 6” figures. Is a Galactus worth 20 regular figures?

One last point and I’ll get off my soapbox, but the success of those figures will all but kill any chance for a regular Galactus release at retail. Sure, it may have been a touch smaller, but even at the 32” it’s not the proper scale.

I would agree with you to some degree, however I also look at the ML line in general and see the pace of releases, in my opinion at least, has increased in recent years. There is so much product released in a year now that I don't see accessibility for a "one off" item as a problem. Rather I see the glut of releases as more of a problem. With so much released I think there tends to be a bit of the "out of sight, out of mind" mentality. You barely have time to digest a new wave before another hits the shelves, or Hasbro reveals another new wave/item.

Hell look at Shang-Chi. The movie isn't even out yet, but Walmart is already trying to clearance them!!

As for Galactus, just because Haslab makes something, doesn't preclude Hasbro from making another for retail. I kind of liken it to multiple price points for a line. Take GI Joe for example. They have a more basic 6" movie line for $10(US) and then the Classified 6" movie line for $20(US). Some of the more popular characters are available in both lines, simultaneously!!

So Galactus could easily be done at retail, for a lower price point, and still be a big figure. Of course it would also mean less articulation, features, etc.

However I do agree that it won't be any time soon, so as not to dull the Haslab project shine. However in time we will see another Galactus. Hell there is a rumour that the Transformers line will have another Unicron in 2023 to coincide with the 20th anniversary of the release of the original Armada version.

If there is one thing we should all know by now, it is that Hasbro is not afraid to retread characters when it suits them.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 08:12 AM   #12
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

8445 this morning. So 540 in 49 hours.

At this rate Galactus should be fully funded sometime around August 11th.

I wonder if they will reveal the first unlockable tier this month, or wait until the project is officially funded.
Old 08-12-2021, 06:24 PM   #13
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Just received an email (6:11pm EST) that the Sentinel will be shipping starting the end of September!!!

Finally something other than watching the Galactus project slowly crawl to the 14,000 funding number.
Old 08-25-2021, 07:32 AM   #14
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

13,819 as of right now (7:30am est) for Galactus. He should be funded sometime today, and just in time for the Fan First tomorrow.

They better reveal the other tiers tomorrow once Galactus is funded, otherwise I think a lot of people, myself included, will be disappointed. Let's see your cards Hasbro, to hell with holding out anymore. If they don't unlock, they don't unlock stop the nonsense.
Old 08-26-2021, 10:57 AM   #15
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Nova is unlocked, right before the Fan First stream begins (convenient).
Old 08-26-2021, 11:37 AM   #16
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

So the stream just ended.

Silver Surfer with a new head, extra hands, and a purple stand that can fit on Galactus, or by itself, is the second unlock.

Only need to get to 17,000 to unlock him!!!

Didn't show any of the other tiers, so I guess we have to wait until Silver Surfer is unlocked to get the next reveal.
Old 08-27-2021, 05:36 AM   #17
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

As of this morning (5:35am EST) Galactus is at 17,067!!!

Silver Surfer is unlocked. So now begins the shouts of "What's Next???"
Old 08-27-2021, 09:25 AM   #18
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

I ordered Galactus. If anyone has an extra Sentinel let me know.
Old 08-29-2021, 01:38 PM   #19
ghostlurk29
Mutant

Looks like the final tier for Galactus is an alternate Dr Doom head. A good one to end on I guess. I doubt many will be heart-broken if it gets missed.

I'm surprised how much momentum this project picked up after it was funded. I thought it would have trouble just hitting 16000.
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 02:21 PM   #20
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlurk29 View Post
Looks like the final tier for Galactus is an alternate Dr Doom head. A good one to end on I guess. I doubt many will be heart-broken if it gets missed.

I'm surprised how much momentum this project picked up after it was funded. I thought it would have trouble just hitting 16000.
I am surprised too, took a long time to get fully funded and it’s not like people are ordering two. I wasn’t aware Dr. Doom took over galactus at some point. Good for him, Dr. Doom is just a regular human who works hard.
Marvellegendsguy is offline   Reply With Quote