ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Mattel Toy Discussion

Old 08-28-2020, 02:09 PM   #1
m.arndt
Convention Exclusive
Masters of the Universe Origins discussion

I’m surprised there isn’t a MOTU Origins figures thread yet....

After seeing that my local Walmart redid their action figure aisle and would be stocking Origins figures and checking daily for nearly two weeks, I was able to grab He-man, Skeletor, Teela, and Beast Man today.

Although I’m a little disappointed that they only had a single case. Hopefully these are selling well and more are
on the way.

I was surprised to see that the Canadian packaging doesn’t have the “new for ‘20” burst at the top of the packaging. I hadn’t seen any packaged pics of Canadian figures.
m.arndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 03:51 PM   #2
Robimus
Super Moderator
Re: Masters of the Universe Origins

I think this is the first sighting on these

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 09:34 PM   #3
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.arndt View Post

After seeing that my local Walmart redid their action figure aisle and would be stocking Origins figures and checking daily for nearly two weeks, I was able to grab He-man, Skeletor, Teela, and Beast Man today.

Although I’m a little disappointed that they only had a single case. Hopefully these are selling well and more are
on the way.

I was surprised to see that the Canadian packaging doesn’t have the “new for ‘20” burst at the top of the packaging. I hadn’t seen any packaged pics of Canadian figures.
Either the Man At Arms or Evil Lyn have that 'New for 20' on the package. One of my local WM this is their 4th case they've received now ? I managed get them finally this morning after 2 weeks of trying and just missing out.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 01:29 AM   #4
riderman
Master of the Universe

Quote:

on the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
I think this is the first sighting on these
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
Either the Man At Arms or Evil Lyn have that 'New for 20' on the package. One of my local WM this is their 4th case they've received now ? I managed get them finally this morning after 2 weeks of trying and just missing out.
I have been to many many Walmarts all week long but none had the new Origins wave but was lucky to pick up a Battlecat and Sky Sled. Which Ontario Walmarts did you find these?
riderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 11:12 AM   #5
Rogue_Optimus
Decepticon

So what's the listed price on them all?
Rogue_Optimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 11:19 AM   #6
m.arndt
Convention Exclusive

$14.97 for the figures and $29.97 for Battle Cat.
Not sure about Prince Adam w/ Sky Sled as I haven’t even seen the price tags for it never mind seeing the toy
m.arndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 12:27 PM   #7
riderman
Master of the Universe

Quote:
$14.97 for the figures and $29.97 for Battle Cat.
Not sure about Prince Adam w/ Sky Sled as I haven’t even seen the price tags for it never mind seeing the toy
Sky Sled cost $39.97 and I was lucky to find and purchase the last damaged one at Markville Mall Walmart. The window was cracked, the accessories fell out of their plastic bubble and are sitting on the bottom of the box and the top cardboard flap is damaged and bent too. The Walmart guy putting it back on the shelf claims that kids must have dropped it!
riderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 01:54 PM   #8
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

I returned one Sky Sled to WM Airport & Queen St today if anybody is looking for one ? It was damaged but I was able to get a case fresh one last night at another Walmart.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 09:50 PM   #9
Stevan
Cylon Centurion

I am noticing a lot of motu scalpers on facebook market place and kijiji selling motu figures at astronomic prices. They are getting them much faster then the rest of us. Nothing new about what I just said but it is annoying and frustrating. I have seen ads asking $40 for one figure. Battle Cat going for $65-$80. Prince Adam pack going for $90. Some of these scalpers are from Kitchener,Hamilton and Toronto areas.

Last edited by Stevan; 08-30-2020 at 09:54 PM.
Stevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 10:14 PM   #10
Bigstrongboy
Red Shirt

It's all going right out the back door. I did a serious road trip and it's ridiculous. There's no way there's casual in store buying at this pace.
Bigstrongboy is offline   Reply With Quote