ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Mattel Toy Discussion

Old 04-03-2021, 03:10 PM   #51
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Thundercats Super 7 discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentf View Post
May I ask where you bought your figures from? I got mine through NMC but haven't received my booster pack yet. Super7 customer service said NMC should have sent it out to me already, and NMC haven't replied to any of my emails requesting information about it. To be honest, I'm getting kind of sick of that guy/store. His social media posts are very quick to shuffle blame to others, even his inability to reply to emails. He openly craps on his vendors, too, which isn't exactly great business.
Yeah you are probably out of luck.

There was some posts on the Fwoosh forums about NMC and the booster pack. Not 100% sure, but it seems he got them but is scamming people about getting their parts.

I ordered everything so far through Super7, minus the Thundertank of course. So they sent me the booster pack directly.

I see that Ages 3 & Up are starting to carry the figures now, so I might look at them starting with wave 5.

Last edited by canprime; 04-03-2021 at 03:13 PM.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 04:07 PM   #52
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

https://youtu.be/haNVbD0Fa-M

So Fwoosh did an interview with Brian Flynn at Super7 covering their Ultimates lines.

Beginning is mostly about Thundercats. Sounds like if everything goes well we could see all the missing waves (2-4) by September, though who knows for certain. Definitely wave 3 will be first, maybe out of the factory by end of May, first week of June.
Old 05-18-2021, 10:10 PM   #53
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

It's been so long I forget what waves I ordered.
Old 05-19-2021, 08:00 AM   #54
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Megatron View Post
It's been so long I forget what waves I ordered.
Haha.

C'mon it is only 4 waves so far, you know you ordered at least 7 waves!!!

It has been a real @#$$& show with their Thundercats line. Yes part of it can be blamed on the pandemic, but a good chunk is on them and poor decisions about manufacturing.

They definitely benefited from being the only game in town for Thundercats figures. If someone else was making figures as well then Super7 would be hard pressed to keep people happy and spending on their product.

I will give Brian Flynn credit for being as open, as he can be, about the problems. Also for admitting that prices are getting a bit out of hand. Better communication than the big guys, even though their track record is abysmal for delivering product right now.

Hopefully he is right about the delivery times and come October everyone will be asking what's next for wave 5, 6, 7, etc.
Old 05-19-2021, 03:49 PM   #55
Rj64
Agent of Shield

I can't wait to get the tygra and cheetara as well as the others.
It's hard to believe in August 2019 I preordered series 1 and it's the only series out to date.
Rj64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 04:20 PM   #56
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rj64 View Post
I can't wait to get the tygra and cheetara as well as the others.
It's hard to believe in August 2019 I preordered series 1 and it's the only series out to date.
Yeah 2 years and 1 wave is terrible. However if Brian proves right we will have 4 waves in 2 years by September.

Still not great, but at least it means things are getting back on track. They want to do 3 waves a year so who knows if that will happen.

I'm actually excited for Cheetara, Jaga, Grune, Snowman, Slithe and Monkian!!

Really who am I kidding, I'm excited for them all to varying degrees.

Now hurry up with the Silverhawks reveal, I want to see how crazy they went with Monstarr.
Old 05-20-2021, 03:14 PM   #57
Rj64
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Yeah 2 years and 1 wave is terrible. However if Brian proves right we will have 4 waves in 2 years by September.

Still not great, but at least it means things are getting back on track. They want to do 3 waves a year so who knows if that will happen.

I'm actually excited for Cheetara, Jaga, Grune, Snowman, Slithe and Monkian!!

Really who am I kidding, I'm excited for them all to varying degrees.

Now hurry up with the Silverhawks reveal, I want to see how crazy they went with Monstarr.
It definitely has been long but I'm not complaining. At one point Brian said they could of went under and it would of been cancelled so luckily that didn't happen. Once they start coming out they will come in bunches. The wait will be wroth it. I'm just so glad to finally have the full core team.
I think series one arrived last summer. I definitely didn't think it would be the following summer until the next series came out.
But these figures are great. They're killing it with Thundercats and TMNT.
Old 05-20-2021, 06:00 PM   #58
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Talking Re: Thundercats Super 7 discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rj64 View Post
It definitely has been long but I'm not complaining. At one point Brian said they could of went under and it would of been cancelled so luckily that didn't happen. Once they start coming out they will come in bunches. The wait will be wroth it. I'm just so glad to finally have the full core team.
I think series one arrived last summer. I definitely didn't think it would be the following summer until the next series came out.
But these figures are great. They're killing it with Thundercats and TMNT.
Considering the "curse" that people think surrounds Thundercats (never getting the full team, cartoons end quick). I'm not surprised by the possibility of bankruptcy for Super7.

I am going to wait on proclaiming that the figures/line are awesome until we get all 4 waves.

Wave 1, and most of 2, are just the Mattel figures with a lot of the same problems that weren't addressed by Super7 (Jackalman's shins, Lion-O's claw peg). On top of the Panthro screw up. Thankfully they did try and make it right.

However I want to see how Tygra and Cheetara turn out. Specifically her hips, and his arms, legs, and colours.

Wave 3, and beyond, will basically be all Super7 and that should give us a better idea of what they can produce.
Old 05-20-2021, 11:23 PM   #59
Rj64
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Considering the "curse" that people think surrounds Thundercats (never getting the full team, cartoons end quick). I'm not surprised by the possibility of bankruptcy for Super7.

I am going to wait on proclaiming that the figures/line are awesome until we get all 4 waves.

Wave 1, and most of 2, are just the Mattel figures with a lot of the same problems that weren't addressed by Super7 (Jackalman's shins, Lion-O's claw peg). On top of the Panthro screw up. Thankfully they did try and make it right.

However I want to see how Tygra and Cheetara turn out. Specifically her hips, and his arms, legs, and colours.

Wave 3, and beyond, will basically be all Super7 and that should give us a better idea of what they can produce.
Good point, I was basing it all off the images of the upcoming stuff and seeing all the characters. I did jump the gun. Definitely need to see the final products. I have enjoyed the first 2 waves of ninja turtles so I have faith in them.
Old 08-23-2021, 05:08 PM   #60
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Got an email today with production shots of wave 2 (Grune, Tygra, Mumm-Ra, Pumyra). So they are getting done, finally.

However bad news is they are further delayed, and won't ship from the factory until November. Good news is Wave 3 is already shipped from the factory and wave 4 is scheduled to ship from the factory in September. So if you ordered all the waves you will have 3 & 4 before 2.

Absolutely terrible, but at least we will have more waves in hand before the end of the year.