ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 06-08-2021, 01:44 PM   #3721
RocketGTR
Cylon Centurion
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewton View Post
They told me on Twitter that they expect them to ship out and be delivered no earlier than June 14.
Would be great if this is true though! Though seems unlikely for us West Coast people that we'll receive it by June 14 as they usually do ground shipments.

Last edited by RocketGTR; 06-08-2021 at 01:48 PM.
RocketGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 04:36 PM   #3722
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGTR View Post
It was on the webpage when the preorders were up and if you check your confirmation email from TRU it states:

"PRE-ORDER, SHIPS JUN 14, 2021 - Star Wars The Black Series Arc Trooper Echo Lucasfilm 50th Anniversary Star Wars: The Clone Wars Figure - R Exclusive"

Honestly if they haven't cancelled your order by now, you're probably good to go. I find if they're going to cancel an order, it's in the first day after you make your order. Anything after that usually sticks.
This. I wouldn't worry folks.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 07:08 PM   #3723
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

So what are everyone's thoughts on the Star Wars reveals? I honestly don't care about anything but Revan. I can't believe they are charging $33.99/$23.99 for a new Obi Wan head sculpt on a nearly 10 year old body. What a joke. Just wait for the inevitable "Kenobi" Disney + figure that will be all new sculpt.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 06-09-2021 at 07:11 PM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 07:55 PM   #3724
Arishikage
Cylon Centurion

Happy to see the 501st trooper again, may try to get a couple of those. Rogue One crew looks great, but I'm in no rush for them just yet.

Mission Fleet stuff is looking better and better! There's not much there I'd want to miss, really. Love the Blurrg and Gideon's TIE.

TVC looks pretty good too, but I'm not grabbing them unless it's something I really want these days.

Pipeline stuff I cannot wait for, and I want them all!

Overall glad to see a little of something for everyone today.
Arishikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 05:59 AM   #3725
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arishikage View Post
Happy to see the 501st trooper again, may try to get a couple of those. Rogue One crew looks great, but I'm in no rush for them just yet.

Mission Fleet stuff is looking better and better! There's not much there I'd want to miss, really. Love the Blurrg and Gideon's TIE.

TVC looks pretty good too, but I'm not grabbing them unless it's something I really want these days.

Pipeline stuff I cannot wait for, and I want them all!

Overall glad to see a little of something for everyone today.

Overall nice reveals, but not much I'm going to be looking for personally.

Mission fleet is cool, I might be tempted by a baby Razor Crest on sale.

Black series I'm pretty much out of, except for absolute favourites, none of which I saw today.

Mandalorian TVC will probably draw me in, even though I don't have any TVC currently, because I got the Razor Crest and these will go nicely with it.
canprime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 10:26 AM   #3726
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
So what are everyone's thoughts on the Star Wars reveals? I honestly don't care about anything but Revan. I can't believe they are charging $33.99/$23.99 for a new Obi Wan head sculpt on a nearly 10 year old body. What a joke. Just wait for the inevitable "Kenobi" Disney + figure that will be all new sculpt.
I don't think that Archive Obi-Wan even has a new head sculpt, it's just photoreal and they thankfully fixed that stupid reddish hair color problem.

I agree, I was thinking that they'd include a softgoods cloak for Obi and THEN I would've been tempted to re-buy him again, but nah. They cheaped out and I too will wait for the Kenobi series figure that will certainly be an improvement over this one, especially at this higher pricepoint.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 11:40 AM   #3727
Robimus
Super Moderator

I think that Jyn Erso is still at a couple EB Games near me........

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 12:05 PM   #3728
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
I don't think that Archive Obi-Wan even has a new head sculpt, it's just photoreal and they thankfully fixed that stupid reddish hair color problem.

I agree, I was thinking that they'd include a softgoods cloak for Obi and THEN I would've been tempted to re-buy him again, but nah. They cheaped out and I too will wait for the Kenobi series figure that will certainly be an improvement over this one, especially at this higher pricepoint.
Yeah you're right. It's still the same "pin head" from the first release, it's just photo real slapped on as you said. If Hasbro is going to repackage old figures I really wish they would give more than just photo real at this price point. Hasbro seems to love cheaping out on the prequel figures more than anything else though. Like we still have no decent Anakin from the films. He's the main character and his figures blow. They had a chance to change it with AoTC Anakin but didn't.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 06-10-2021 at 12:07 PM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 03:42 PM   #3729
finkmac
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGTR View Post
Honestly if they haven't cancelled your order by now, you're probably good to go. I find if they're going to cancel an order, it's in the first day after you make your order. Anything after that usually sticks.
I just got a notification email that my CW Obi-wan order had been cancelled. Just a single figure.

*sigh* between echo’s lack of availability and this cancellation I’m really not feeling this TRU preorder thing.

Fingers crossed I can find Echo and Obi-Wan at retail, but I feel like I won’t be that lucky.
finkmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 03:46 PM   #3730
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by finkmac View Post
I just got a notification email that my CW Obi-wan order had been cancelled. Just a single figure.

*sigh* between echo’s lack of availability and this cancellation I’m really not feeling this TRU preorder thing.

Fingers crossed I can find Echo and Obi-Wan at retail, but I feel like I won’t be that lucky.
When did you order? During the first availability, or later when the figures were popping in and out of stock?
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote