ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Mattel Toy Discussion

Old 09-14-2020, 03:43 PM   #11
Rj64
Agent of Shield
Re: Ontario Thundercats Toy Sightings

Got my super 7 Lion-O ultimate today that I ordered directly from super 7 in August 2019. Actually I ordered it the day of my post just before this one above
Rj64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 06:01 PM   #12
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rj64 View Post
Got my super 7 Lion-O ultimate today that I ordered directly from super 7 in August 2019. Actually I ordered it the day of my post just before this one above
Yeah I got my full set of wave 1 last week directly from Super7 (with a nice extra $41 hit from FedEx).

It's a shame they made so many mistakes in wave 1. The biggest being Panthro's wrong colour trunks and missing paint on Jackalman's neck. Not to mention the other issues from the Mattel molds.

Either way it was nice to get and they are pretty great overall, especially with all the accessories. Can't wait for wave 2 which should be soon according to Super7.

Also saw a post from Super7 that they will probably announce wave 4 this Wednesday. They showed a cropped pic of what looks to be the Snowman of Hook mountain with helmet and ice spear. It looks great.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 06:26 PM   #13
Rj64
Agent of Shield

I think super 7 is fixing those two errors you mentioned and they will send them free if I'm not mistaken? I'm definitely interested in seeing what will be offered in series 4.

Did you end up preordering from series 2 or 3 from super 7?
My comic store was able to order series 2 and 3 from diamond but diamond didn't offer series 1 so that's why i ordered series 1 directly from super 7.

I hope series 2 is out soon. Its scheduled for November on previewsworld to be in comic stores but that could obviously change.
Old 09-14-2020, 07:22 PM   #14
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rj64 View Post
I think super 7 is fixing those two errors you mentioned and they will send them free if I'm not mistaken? I'm definitely interested in seeing what will be offered in series 4.

Did you end up preordering from series 2 or 3 from super 7?
My comic store was able to order series 2 and 3 from diamond but diamond didn't offer series 1 so that's why i ordered series 1 directly from super 7.

I hope series 2 is out soon. Its scheduled for November on previewsworld to be in comic stores but that could obviously change.
Yeah they are sending out kits to fix the problems with Panthro's trunks, Jackalman's neck and guns (which were black instead of purplish/pink). They are also including a new head with "glowing" eyes for Panthro. It is supposed to simulate the reaction of the Thundercats when Lion-O calls them with the sword of Omens.

I ordered directly through Super7 for waves 1-3. I didn't know that comic shops would get them. Do you know what they are charging at the comic shop for them (in Canadian)? If it works out to the better to get them through a comic shop then I will start with the next wave.

For wave 4 I am guessing:

Wily Kit, Wily Kat, Monkian and Snowman.

That is just my guess based off what Super7 has done so far, and what they have said. Usually 2 main Thundercats and 1 main villain, plus a wild card. Also they said they wanted to finish the main team as quickly as possible so the Kits are pretty much all that's left. Also they are the last of the Mattel molds that Super7 has so it makes sense. Monkian would be another mutant and Snowman is a super desired Wild card.

After that I could see them finish the Thundercats B team with Bengali and Lynx-O, Vultureman and Hatchiman for wave 5. Although that might be too much "A list" characters for a single wave.
Old 09-14-2020, 07:24 PM   #15
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Forgot to say I don't know if I want to take apart my figures to fix them since I am not all that great at customizing.
Old 09-14-2020, 07:52 PM   #16
Rj64
Agent of Shield

My comic store said they'd be 79.99 Canadian plus tax so that would put them at about 90 per figure but if you get a set you're saving on customs and shipping. I will also get a tiny discount at my shop as I'm a long time member and get a discount on comcis and figures. I believe for figures its 10% so ill basically save the tax. For my one lino-o it cost after shipping and exchange 92 Canadian from super 7. I didn't get hit with customs because I was under the limit. I know you save on shipping if you buy more then 1 figure from super 7.

I'll post the links for them once they're up for series 4 and you just give the store the order number. Here's and example look for tygra:

https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/NOV198771

For any of wave 2 and 3 you can just type in Google the name tygra ultimates previewsworld or thundercats ultimates wave 3 previewsworld and they will pop up. It is good to reference for release dates but they are subject to change.

I most likely will get the rest of series 1 off ebay or something. What I'm wondering is how would i get the replacements from super 7 since I didn't buy directly from them.
Old 09-14-2020, 08:04 PM   #17
Rj64
Agent of Shield

It may of been 69.99 actually for the comic store. I can't remember it was either 69.99 or 79.99
Old 09-14-2020, 08:16 PM   #18
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

So I did the math for wave 1. Prices are in US to start then the final amounts in Canadian. $180 (4 figures) + $45.83 (shipping) = $225.83 with current exchange that is $297.59 + $41.85 (customs/FedEx) = $339.44/4 = $84.86(Cdn) per figure.

So a bit less than $79.99+tax ($90.39). If you get the 10% discount then it is worth it for you. Not so much for me though.

Super7 said if you ordered the figures directly through them, or a retailer (BBTS, etc) then you would get the replacement kit free in November.

I don't know if that applies to buying now through a comic shop or retailer. If you do eBay then you will definitely have to pay.

If it is $69.99 then it is definitely better to go through the comic shop. I'll have to ask my local shop.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:22 AM   #19
Evan
Jedi Knight
Re: Thundercats Super 7 discussion

I have seem to recall seeing TMNT Ultimates and Disney Ultimates pre-orders for $65-70 CAD if that info helps anyone guess/budget for ThunderCats. $$
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 03:55 PM   #20
Rj64
Agent of Shield
Re: Thundercats Super 7 discussion

Here's the links for series 4 of Thundercats through diamond/comic store. To guarantee getting them you'd have to get your preorder in by October 12th at your local comic store.

Monkian:
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/AUG208216

Lynx-o
https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/AUG208215

Pumm-ra
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/AUG208217

Snowman:
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/AUG208218