ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 09-20-2022, 10:10 PM   #5931
Lord Scareglow
Whatever
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Yeah sorry for anyone who was upset by the "Spoiler?" I posted, I do apologize

but it's not actually a spoiler, we all knew Riri was in the movie, this figure is in Targets in the US, and you are bound to see it before the film comes out, this happens all the time, case in point She-Hulk's suit in the Show, a figure came out and is on shelves of her in that suit right now, we have yet to see it on screen, how are you going to avoid that?

like I said I apologize if it upset someone, but not sure how one isn't going to see something like a costume or a suit, there will be promotional images, figure releases, all prior to the film, inless you boycott the internet or stores before the movie comes out, you will see these things.

the plot of the movie, the ending and the events that take place are spoilers I think we all wouldn't be just blurting out, but seeing a figure of a character I don't think is really a spoiler , not one to get so up in arms about. If I had not posted the pic, you think it would have just gone unseen? that's crazy.
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 10:22 PM   #5932
Webs
Man of Spiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
But since it's unannounced, and leaked, it can be labelled as a possible spoiler, put behind a spoiler tag, and linked to an image host offsite, without thumbnails.

All I'm asking for is a little consideration. Reddit's toy subreddit's use spoiler tags all the time, specifically for this purpose. You don't have to resign yourself to a problem that is easily avoided.
This seems like a silly thing to get upset about, and I wouldn't call it a "leak" since they announced casting and characters months ago, and it's a store putting a toy of one of those characters on a shelf.
The movie toys are going to start showing up more and more as it gets closer to the movie release, and people will be posting about them on various websites and social media, so if you consider that spoiling the movie, just use reddit if they're better about spoiler tags.
Webs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 12:02 AM   #5933
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksteel View Post
The toy releases will inevitably spoil some elements, like the design of the suits.

The only way to avoid those.. is to avoid these boards, avoid the toy news sites, and avoid your local stores till the film comes out.

Even if you didn't see that Riri armor on here, you probably would have seen it in some form at your local Wal-Mart. It really isn't much of a spoiler.

And it doesn't really spoil the story (take it from someone who knows the story of BP2).

Story spoilers I understand.

Suit designs though.. especially if they're in the toys and the marketing. Yeah, good luck avoiding those. Especially on toy sites and toy forums.
Yeah, Anything design related for nearly any kind of movie/TV franchise is always spoiled before the media even comes out.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 04:44 AM   #5934
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Yeah, Anything design related for nearly any kind of movie/TV franchise is always spoiled before the media even comes out.

And since the pandemic it has gotten even worse with a lot of movies getting pushed back resulting in toylines being on shelves months before the movie is even released.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 10:50 AM   #5935
lifedragon99
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webs View Post
This seems like a silly thing to get upset about, and I wouldn't call it a "leak" since they announced casting and characters months ago, and it's a store putting a toy of one of those characters on a shelf.
The movie toys are going to start showing up more and more as it gets closer to the movie release, and people will be posting about them on various websites and social media, so if you consider that spoiling the movie, just use reddit if they're better about spoiler tags.

It seems silly to get upset that this guy is upset that a possible cool reveal in the movie has been spoiled.

Yes she is announced as being in the movie but her design has not been shown.

I don't understand how you guys are being this dense about this? It's very clearly a spoiler, just because this is a site to discuss the toys doesn't mean you can't take route of preventing someone that might not want to see it before seeing the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Scareglow View Post
Yeah sorry for anyone who was upset by the "Spoiler?" I posted, I do apologize

but it's not actually a spoiler, we all knew Riri was in the movie, this figure is in Targets in the US, and you are bound to see it before the film comes out, this happens all the time, case in point She-Hulk's suit in the Show, a figure came out and is on shelves of her in that suit right now, we have yet to see it on screen, how are you going to avoid that?

like I said I apologize if it upset someone, but not sure how one isn't going to see something like a costume or a suit, there will be promotional images, figure releases, all prior to the film, inless you boycott the internet or stores before the movie comes out, you will see these things.

the plot of the movie, the ending and the events that take place are spoilers I think we all wouldn't be just blurting out, but seeing a figure of a character I don't think is really a spoiler , not one to get so up in arms about. If I had not posted the pic, you think it would have just gone unseen? that's crazy.
It is 100% a spoiler, just because you don't think it is doesn't mean you shouldn't be considerate and link the images rather than show them. It was a dick move and arguing it wasn't is a bigger dick move bud.

Go on Reddit for marvel legends or any toy sub and they have spoiler rules in place for early reveals of costume designs.

Last edited by lifedragon99; 09-21-2022 at 10:52 AM.
lifedragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 12:51 PM   #5936
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Let's not drag this on anymore. He already said sorry to Phil and beating a dead horse is just going to make this thread go even more off topic and add flame to the fire.
Old 09-21-2022, 01:41 PM   #5937
Enforcer
Dark Knight

Odd that the forum doesn't have spoiler tags. Would solve the issue with a modicum of good judgment.

Agree, this conversation has gone on.... far too long.

On topic, was anyone able to successfully pre-order Sentry from GameStop? I guess it was in the system under a code name, and wasn't formally identified until release last week.

Last edited by Enforcer; 09-21-2022 at 01:51 PM.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 04:51 PM   #5938
Ksteel
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
And since the pandemic it has gotten even worse with a lot of movies getting pushed back resulting in toylines being on shelves months before the movie is even released.

I'll say this at least...

When it comes to major spoilers that could be leaked by toys.. Feige is pretty good at keeping Hasbro and other companies in the dark.

Apparently Hasbro didn't even know about the Spider-Man NWH spoilers, and just had a basic early outline. That's why it took over a year later to get Spoiler figures from that movie. Same thing happened with IW and Endgame. All they had was concept art.

Rest assured the spoilers that actually matter for BP2 are not going to be leaked by toys.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 07:11 PM   #5939
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Out of curiosity did anyones local Walmarts get the Retro Lizard in store? I was at Walmart the other day and saw 2 pegs for Lizards. They were both empty though so I don't know if they got cleaned out already or they Haven't been put out yet.
Old 09-23-2022, 11:28 AM   #5940
lifedragon99
Decepticon

Got my Wakanda forever wave comic black panther today. So it looks like that wave may be coming out now too.

Wasn't planning on keeping him but after opening him. Holy crap he's a great figure both in look and articulation.

This always happens with comic figures Ina a MCU bad wave lol

Last edited by lifedragon99; 09-23-2022 at 01:00 PM.
lifedragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote