ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 11-01-2020, 01:11 PM   #1061
ghostlurk29
Mutant
Re: Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line

I'm skeptical of the SPD 2-pack for that reason. SPD Blue and Dino Thunder Blue would of made a better pair. It references the cross-over episodes, and fills-out two Ranger teams. There's something charming about A-Squad's bootleg appearance though.

Not liking Astromena's face. They nailed the Twisted-Sister look. Too bad its Dee Snider in a blue wig. Plus her chest piece could use a little more paint detail, and they should of went with the normal ranger abdomen that has the fabric folds sculpted in. Andros is good enough. Undersized weapons, but that's an ongoing issue with the line.

At least these sets are only $60. The newer MLs 2-packs are going for $70.
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 02:43 PM   #1062
cloud
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlurk29 View Post
I'm skeptical of the SPD 2-pack for that reason. SPD Blue and Dino Thunder Blue would of made a better pair. It references the cross-over episodes, and fills-out two Ranger teams. There's something charming about A-Squad's bootleg appearance though.

Not liking Astromena's face. They nailed the Twisted-Sister look. Too bad its Dee Snider in a blue wig. Plus her chest piece could use a little more paint detail, and they should of went with the normal ranger abdomen that has the fabric folds sculpted in. Andros is good enough. Undersized weapons, but that's an ongoing issue with the line.

At least these sets are only $60. The newer MLs 2-packs are going for $70.
The idea of the 2 pack is good vs evil so Dino THunder blue wouldnt make sense. Plus the A Squad figures are variants of the In Space looks so resuse for future In Space release
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 03:11 PM   #1063
ghostlurk29
Mutant

The two-pack theme can be whatever they choose, but I guess it would be shame to lose a spot dedicated to villains. Either approach is pulling parts from the recycle bin.

Speaking of SPD, did anyone get the Omega Ranger from Amazon.ca?

Last edited by ghostlurk29; 11-01-2020 at 03:18 PM.
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 05:19 PM   #1064
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
The two-pack theme can be whatever they choose, but I guess it would be shame to lose a spot dedicated to villains. Either approach is pulling parts from the recycle bin.

I preordered it, but after a few weeks with no movement I cancelled it. Life stuff came up and I didn’t want to get hit with unexpected money getting taken out of the account. Not sure if anyone got their preorders though. Don’t need the cycle fo I’ll just hold out at this point for a single pack release. Hopefully with a more accurate paint job.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 07:19 PM   #1065
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:

You can get it on Amazon.com for $53 after shipping. They aren't charging import fee's for it. I've been thinking about getting it but I might wait for a regular release, not sure..
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 08:51 PM   #1066
Darkspecter
Red Shirt

Psycho Ranger 5 pack is a limited time deal of $127.31 on Amazon.ca right now!
Darkspecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 11:48 PM   #1067
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
Psycho Ranger 5 pack is a limited time deal of $127.31 on Amazon.ca right now!
Thanks for heads up. gaah. I want this set but even $127 is steep for this set.
Old 11-02-2020, 12:17 AM   #1068
Darkspecter
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Thanks for heads up. gaah. I want this set but even $127 is steep for this set.
I hear you. I bit the bullet and bought it last sale they had, though. I was so sad the first time they sold out and I didn't think it was coming back.
Old 11-02-2020, 03:09 AM   #1069
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
I hear you. I bit the bullet and bought it last sale they had, though. I was so sad the first time they sold out and I didn't think it was coming back.
What I find weird is there is TWO listings for these guys on Amazon, the one that's on sale and one that is $152. The latter is also shipped and sold by Amazon. I've never seen anything like that before. I'd like to bite the bullet and buy them but I've spent too much money lately.. gonna have to pass again. I can't see it selling out at that price tag any time soon.
Old 11-02-2020, 06:14 PM   #1070
Darkspecter
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
What I find weird is there is TWO listings for these guys on Amazon, the one that's on sale and one that is $152. The latter is also shipped and sold by Amazon. I've never seen anything like that before. I'd like to bite the bullet and buy them but I've spent too much money lately.. gonna have to pass again. I can't see it selling out at that price tag any time soon.
One, I think is Amazon.com through .ca. It's weird. When I ordered my set, the cheaper of the two, it came from the US and I was initially upset because I thought I'd have to pay customs (when it said shipped and sold by .ca), but all was good. No customs.