ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 12-10-2020, 07:59 PM   #1271
Ksteel
Mutant
Re: Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line

Yeah completing Zeo was always going to be awkward. I'm fine with just having Gold and Red. Disappointed Dino Thunder Blue looks rather half-assed. I'm not completing DT now.

Conversely SPD Blue is a 10/10 figure. As perfect as it could get. I suspect the boxset figures will always be of better quality than the mass retail releases... understandably so.

The best way to collect this line is anthology form instead of completing teams.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 08:53 PM   #1272
ghostlurk29
Mutant

I can't believe this is an official photo, and possibly the official box art.
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 09:26 PM   #1273
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksteel View Post
Yeah completing Zeo was always going to be awkward. I'm fine with just having Gold and Red. Disappointed Dino Thunder Blue looks rather half-assed. I'm not completing DT now.

Conversely SPD Blue is a 10/10 figure. As perfect as it could get. I suspect the boxset figures will always be of better quality than the mass retail releases... understandably so.

The best way to collect this line is anthology form instead of completing teams.
Yeah pretty much. I've decided that after completing MMPR I'm only going to complete Lost Galaxy. After that I just plan on getting the Forever Red team then seeing what I want to do from there. Probably will just get the 6th Ranger but that's gonna be it I think for me unless something really changes.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 12-10-2020 at 09:30 PM.
Zeroflamez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 10:38 PM   #1274
Ksteel
Mutant

I'm sticking with mainly Reds and Sixths as well.

Personally, that was always my plan. My first Lightning buy was the SDCC twopack. I like having all the different design variations of the different seasons on display... as opposed to having a full team.

I'll make exceptions for great figures like SPD Blue/A-Squad Blue if their characters were cool as well.

Zeo Green isn't that bad though, because the civilian head is excellent. Even if the helmet looks off, you can literally pose him with the helmet off and it will look fine. Unfortunately the Zeo Tommy civilian head looks like he has anaphylaxis.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 10:43 PM   #1275
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlurk29 View Post

I can't believe this is an official photo, and possibly the official box art.
What the how!? Just... just wtf...
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 10:57 PM   #1276
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

LOL it took me a few seconds to realize what you were referring but wow. That's pretty sad. Hasbro wasn't lying when they said this line was one of their lowest priority lines.
Old 12-11-2020, 12:13 AM   #1277
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
LOL it took me a few seconds to realize what you were referring but wow. That's pretty sad. Hasbro wasn't lying when they said this line was one of their lowest priority lines.
Between stuff like this, the inconsistent helmet paint details, Zeo Blue’s weapons not coming with him, Pumpkin Rapper and King Sphinx’ missing paint... seriously are the people behind the Rangers side of Hasbro asleep? Do they not care? It’s getting to the point where you have to be TRYING to do your job this bad. I love this line but for frack’s sake it just keeps getting wonkier and wonkier.
Old 12-11-2020, 02:21 AM   #1278
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
Between stuff like this, the inconsistent helmet paint details, Zeo Blue’s weapons not coming with him, Pumpkin Rapper and King Sphinx’ missing paint... seriously are the people behind the Rangers side of Hasbro asleep? Do they not care? It’s getting to the point where you have to be TRYING to do your job this bad. I love this line but for frack’s sake it just keeps getting wonkier and wonkier.
It's become almost like a game now to find all the inconsistencies each wave. They truly honestly don't care lol. LC is bottom tier at Hasbro right now if not close to it. They're just using this brand for easy money and are pumping out as many low effort figures as possible cause they know fans will keep buying regardless.
Old 12-11-2020, 11:15 AM   #1279
erik352
Cylon Centurion

hahaha! oh poor spd pink!
erik352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 04:53 PM   #1280
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Wave 8 is up for preorder at EB. Zeo Green is already sold out online but I was able to get an order in by calling my store. Listed as March.