ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 09-24-2022, 10:56 AM   #461
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Haslab Projects General Discussion

Also now at 5,922, so it lost about 200 from the peak and the missed unlocking of human RR.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 05:47 PM   #462
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Megatron View Post
Down to 5,974
Down to 5,812
Old 09-24-2022, 09:58 PM   #463
chuskers
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Megatron View Post
Down to 5,812
5777 , wonder how low it can go
chuskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 04:23 AM   #464
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Update:

Ghost Rider:

5,751 / 9,000 (-278)

Well definitely not a good day. Lost almost 300 backers, but I guess the good news is that it wasn't more of a bloodbath. Now the questions become "How far?" and "How long?" Will the slow drop continue today and for how long? Although I did mention yesterday that the peak number was more around the 6,100-6,130 range so if using that number it is closer to 400 backers lost.

It is still in a good position to get backed, but it definitely can't have a week of losses like the Rancor did.

63.9% of funding goal with 36d 19h left.
Old 09-25-2022, 08:26 AM   #465
Napseeker
Dark Knight

The fact that Dan says they are sticking with the idea of not revealing any more reward tiers (figures) unless I assume, they at least get to the Mephisto unlock is going to hurt them. People aren't going to blow $350US on a car and maybe 2 figures, they want to see the whole she-bang.

I wonder how long Hasbro will stick to their guns if the number of backers continues to drop.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 08:34 AM   #466
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

I imagine they cut bait and run. Much like the Rancor and Reva's Lightsaber they'll ignore it, say nothing, and maybe throw us a bone with some lame update.

However by then it might be already too late. I guess we'll have 2 points soon where something could happen. First would be Monday. If this keeps dropping, Monday would be the first chance to publicly address it in an official capacity since they probably aren't working this weekened.

Second chance will be PulseCon next weekend. However if this is still tanking by then they'll probably ignore it completely since PulseCon is more about new stuff, and positive news.
Old 09-26-2022, 05:16 AM   #467
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Update:

Ghost Rider:

5,642 / 9,000 (-109) The bleeding is slowing!!!! The losses are slowing, but still it is losing backers.

I was thinking that maybe the ML/Haslab teams could put in all the non-Pulse international orders this week to give the project a bump. That might staunch the bleeding and get this back on track. Of course that is based on the assumption that there are a significant number of non-Pulse international backers. I mean this thing costs $899AUS (plus tax/shipping) in Australia (equivalent to $605US) and even 420euros for Pulse UK. So how many international backers are there, in significant numbers at this price to offset the current losses?

Anyway, it's the beginning of a new week let's hope it can shake off the last few days and start moving forward again.

62.69% of funding goal with 35d 18h left.
Old 09-26-2022, 11:03 AM   #468
Napseeker
Dark Knight

This talkbacker basically spells out why Hasbro doesn't understand crowdfunding:

https://marvelousnews.com/252-31673

Quote:
hapster05 said:

Hasbro fundamentally misunderstands the role of unlock tiers in their kickstarters (aka haslabs).

All successful kickstarters have an advertised product and a price for it. They don'thave you wait to unlock all the tiers to make the price of the whole package "worth it".The unlock tiers are NEVER used to get the original product funded.Instead, the unlock tiers are used to whip up backer volumes (which reduces costs due to higher volumes of production). That's the purpose of the tiers (plus all the attention associated with the frenzy).

Hasbro needs to first focus on the product and original price. Then pick tier add-ons that can be added for "free" due toreduced costs associated with scaling production.

Their current method puts the "cart before the horse" and is focused more on greed than a successful marketing strategy.
Yup. Hasbro prices their "crowdfunder" as if all the tiers will get backed, thus eventually making the ridiculous price being charged worth it. If some reward tiers don't get funded, then even better for Hasbro (more profit for them!).

This is really just a pre-order system and that means Hasbro should really put all the rewards out in the open right away so that people can rightly justify if it's worth it or not for the cost. It also stops Hasbro from making extra $$$ if some tiers don't get backed, which is a ripoff for the consumer.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 05:22 AM   #469
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Update:

Ghost Rider:

5,512 / 9,000 (-130)

So the bleeding continues......at a slightly higher pace than the day before. I don't think I really believed this would keep losing backers after the weekend. The loss is slow, and can easily be reversed, but something has to happen soon. From the peak on Friday it has now lost just shy of 10% (9.9%) of backers.

61.24% of funding goal with 34d 18h left.
Old 09-27-2022, 09:03 PM   #470
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Down to 5,446
It's kind of comical at this point.