ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 01-26-2009, 09:22 AM   #1
DECEPTICON_BRAWL
Why Does it take so long?

why does it take so long for new waves of star wars action figures to come to Canada?

Last edited by DECEPTICON_BRAWL; 01-26-2009 at 09:25 AM.
DECEPTICON_BRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:30 AM   #2
jacobot
clone179
Re: Why Does it take so long?

Good Question!!!
jacobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:18 AM   #3
Robimus
Super Moderator

I would imagine if tradition holds true there will be waves of figures that we hardly even see.

Sometimes I think its the Tri-Logo situation comes into play as well.
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:29 PM   #4
SPLIT LIP
Astonishingly Agile Cat

I have no idea, but it is crap, I agree. We're, like, two waves behind in the Legacy Collection. And CW, I really want Plo Koon and the others.

Last edited by SPLIT LIP; 01-29-2009 at 01:05 PM.
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:05 AM   #5
Scrapper6
Cylon Centurion

I do appologize for reviving such an old thread, but I just had to comment having finally taken a look in here.

As to why it takes so long, I was under the impressing that Star Wars doesn't really sell too much outside of collectors. So obviously it would take time for the older product to sell out, since the kids are no longer being inundated with Star Wars movies to back up the toy sales.

Hell even that Clone Wars television show, I haven't even managed to keep up with it and I'm interested. Problem is it was hard to remember to watch it and I only knew about the Space Channel listing. Easier to just get the box set for season one when it comes out and watch it brand new that way.

Anyway that's my thoughts on the matter, and again sorry about the raising of the dead. LOL
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:32 PM   #6
StarwarsTF
Bounty hunter!

Why doesn't someone ask Hasbro Canada that??? Also ask them why they keep offering older ass. to the respected retailer while our US counterparts receive nearly 4-6 months ahead in merch???
StarwarsTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:26 AM   #7
Robimus
Super Moderator

We actually were close to caught up a couple months back, but now we're way behind again.

I was under the impressing that Star Wars doesn't really sell too much outside of collectors.

Sorry Scrapper, this just isn't true at all. Kids are still the focus is the official Hasbro statement on the issue.

Thats why we get so many new Luke's, Han's, Obi's and Anakin's, because the kids want the main characters, not the Breha's and Bail's.

If anything I'd suggest the Comic Two Packs are more collector oriented, filled with Expanded Universe figures, but then I see kids at the conventions buying those up as well.

Don't let our lame Canadian broadcasting times fool you, Clone Wars Animated is a huge hit and figures from that series are selling like crazy to both kids and collectors.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:13 PM   #8
cky_ibm
Red Shirt

It's always been like that.

I can remember I only saw the Original Uganaughts once, and this is going back to the POFT days.

Heck, I can remember going to the States for vacation way back in the late 80's and early 90's and seeing toys that I never even knew existed in Canada. Toys R Us and Kaybee were like heaven to a young Canadian boy.

Shipping always has been and will be slow to Canada.

Cheers!
-Ian
cky_ibm is offline   Reply With Quote