ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Mattel Toy Discussion

Old 02-04-2021, 10:02 PM   #31
m.arndt
Convention Exclusive
Re: Thundercats Super 7 discussion

I’m not sure it’s available yet, but Force in the Flesh (the Canadian retailer that Super 7 partnered with to deliver Snake Mountain to Canadians) mentioned in their latest email about Snake Mountain that they will be offering the Thunder Tank. So there’s another option for Canadian Thundercats fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Yeah I am in for one, but I am waiting until near the end of the preorder window.

It looks like Canadians have to order through either BBTS, or EE to get this as Super7 is no longer taking orders from international customers. BBTS & EE are their official partners when you check out the link for international orders.

The problem is BBTS is asking $500 + $90 shipping (cheapest option).

EE is asking $450, but their cheapest option for shipping is $180!!!!!!.

So 3ither way it is at least another $130 on top, plus any customs that come with that price.

As I said, I'm getting one, because the chances of this ever being made again as slim-to-none, and slim just left the building.
m.arndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 11:39 AM   #32
erik352
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.arndt View Post
I’m not sure it’s available yet, but Force in the Flesh (the Canadian retailer that Super 7 partnered with to deliver Snake Mountain to Canadians) mentioned in their latest email about Snake Mountain that they will be offering the Thunder Tank. So there’s another option for Canadian Thundercats fans
How much did they offer snake mountain before?
erik352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 02:06 PM   #33
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik352 View Post
How much did they offer snake mountain before?
Yeah I would be interested to see what they will charge.

Also I'm a bit unsure since the site seems to be a star wars tattoo focused place and not really a toy retailer.

Anyone here actually order, and get, Snake Mountain from them?
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 03:34 PM   #34
m.arndt
Convention Exclusive

I ordered through them. The total was $1102.50 CAD all in (taxes and shipping included) for Snake Mountain. It was cheaper than buying directly from Super 7 when factoring in Customs and handling fees, never mind any extortionist ‘brokerage’ fees from UPS if I couldn’t use USPS.
Snake Mountain is supposed to arrive at the end of next week. There has been a delay with delivery from Edmonton because of the size of the packaging (packaging is bigger than Super 7 originally said it would be) CanPar the original shipping company for shipping within Canada bailed, saying they couldn’t handle that many huge parcels and that they never agreed to take parcels as big as Snake Mountain turned out to be. So FedEx stepped up, but wanted more money to deliver them during peak season. So FedEx refused to pick them up during peak season because of the size, meaning Force in the Flesh was stuck holding on to all the Snake Mountains until FedEx’s peak season ended (COVID meant peak season pricing was extended until today).
FedEx will finally start picking up our Snake Mountains on Monday to start delivering.

It sucks that this delay happened, but they’ve been very forthcoming with information from the get go, including forwarding videos from Brian Flynn of Super 7 that were exclusive to us Canadian customers. So far I have full confidence in them and would buy from them again. I’ll see what they’re going to charge for the Thunder Tank, but I’m 99% certain I can’t afford it.
Force in the Flesh’s latest email gave the impression their partnership with Super 7 for offering at least the larger items to Canadians will continue
Old 02-05-2021, 04:07 PM   #35
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Thanks for the info.

Couple other questions.

1) Did you have to pay upfront, or was it pay when in stock?
2) If not was there a payment plan?
3) what was the original price for Snake Mountain in Canadian (not including tax)? Just want to see what kind of markup they put on the item.

Thanks.
Old 02-05-2021, 04:12 PM   #36
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Oh and I forgot to mention I received the BBTS exclusive GITD Mumm RA today. Pretty Freakin sweet. I usually don't go in for these gimmicky exclusives, but I figured why not?

Actually worked out to be slightly cheaper than the regular release that I got directly from Super7.
Old 02-05-2021, 06:02 PM   #37
m.arndt
Convention Exclusive

canprime:
1) yes I paid up front.
2) sorry I don’t remember if there was a payment plan option
3) sorry again, I can’t find the email with the original price before taxes. I only have the full price after taxes. I do remember that Force in the Flesh’s price always included the shipping price, it was never broken down into item then shipping cost, just the total of both. I do remember emailing them trying to get a rough estimate on shipping and being told shipping was already included in the price.
So what’s $1102.50 minus 13%?

Cool! Nice to see you’ve got your GITD Mumm Ra and appear to be happy with it. I ordered one too, but it’s still in my pile of loot.
Old 02-05-2021, 08:01 PM   #38
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

So that work out to about $975 pre-tax.

I looked it up and Snake Mountain was $600(US) plus everything else of course (shipping,taxes, customs). $600 is about $765(CDN).

$975(CDN) is about $765(US).

$1102.50(CDN) is about $865(US).

So it probably works out to roughly the same price after shipping, taxes, customs.

I'll have to keep an eye out and see what it comes out to on their site. Not a fan of the pay upfront though which might sway my decision.
Old 02-08-2021, 10:12 AM   #39
erik352
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.arndt View Post
I ordered through them. The total was $1102.50 CAD all in (taxes and shipping included) for Snake Mountain. It was cheaper than buying directly from Super 7 when factoring in Customs and handling fees, never mind any extortionist ‘brokerage’ fees from UPS if I couldn’t use USPS.
Snake Mountain is supposed to arrive at the end of next week. There has been a delay with delivery from Edmonton because of the size of the packaging (packaging is bigger than Super 7 originally said it would be) CanPar the original shipping company for shipping within Canada bailed, saying they couldn’t handle that many huge parcels and that they never agreed to take parcels as big as Snake Mountain turned out to be. So FedEx stepped up, but wanted more money to deliver them during peak season. So FedEx refused to pick them up during peak season because of the size, meaning Force in the Flesh was stuck holding on to all the Snake Mountains until FedEx’s peak season ended (COVID meant peak season pricing was extended until today).
FedEx will finally start picking up our Snake Mountains on Monday to start delivering.

It sucks that this delay happened, but they’ve been very forthcoming with information from the get go, including forwarding videos from Brian Flynn of Super 7 that were exclusive to us Canadian customers. So far I have full confidence in them and would buy from them again. I’ll see what they’re going to charge for the Thunder Tank, but I’m 99% certain I can’t afford it.
Force in the Flesh’s latest email gave the impression their partnership with Super 7 for offering at least the larger items to Canadians will continue
wow, price isnt too bad all things considered. I think some stores are charging $1400+ now...some even higher.

I dunno about thundertank...still undecided, but leaning on maybe passing on it. Space is getting to be an issue in the house
erik352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 12:08 PM   #40
m.arndt
Convention Exclusive

erik352: Well at least with the Thunder Tank, the shipping shouldn’t be nearly as crazy as Snake Mountain. I don’t remember the exact amount, but it was going to be something astronomical like $140 USD or higher to ship directly from Super 7. Expensive couriers were the only option for something that size on their site. It was either a Canadian seller or using one of those myUSaddress services and go pick it up myself across the border.

And yeah, space is an issue for me too. I barely have room for the Thundercats figures, never mind the Thunder Tank.