ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 02-04-2021, 02:27 AM   #3401
ssjgoku22
Mutant
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
This. Too many exclusives for both ML and Star Wars. Transformers hasn't gotten as bad (but stuff like the Netflix line is starting to grind my gears since it's impossible to find the ones I want either online or in person).

Add a price increase to all 3 of these toylines, and I'm quickly losing interest. The quality isn't even that great either... so many paint issues with Earthrise Transformers figures, and that Storm & Thunderbird 2-pack has some of the most atrocious paint apps (for Storm) I've ever seen.
Well the price increase pretty much already happened because Marvel Legends, Deluxe Transformers and Power Rangers Lightning Collection are all $32.99. Don't even mention Black Series because those prices are all over the place depending on the figure (store exclusive, carbonized versions, etc.).
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 12:54 PM   #3402
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
This. Too many exclusives for both ML and Star Wars. Transformers hasn't gotten as bad (but stuff like the Netflix line is starting to grind my gears since it's impossible to find the ones I want either online or in person).

Add a price increase to all 3 of these toylines, and I'm quickly losing interest. The quality isn't even that great either... so many paint issues with Earthrise Transformers figures, and that Storm & Thunderbird 2-pack has some of the most atrocious paint apps (for Storm) I've ever seen.
Yeah the gap between quality and price is getting bigger and bigger. The price increase doesn't help when you collect multiple lines either. I'm not even a completionist too, I just collect what I want to get and it still is getting to be too expensive. It's getting to the point where I'm gonna have to only just collect one line. I already stopped collecting ML and I stopped collecting Power Rangers LC. Black Series might be next.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 02-04-2021 at 01:01 PM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 02:58 PM   #3403
Enforcer
Mutant

I was just coming here to ask when we thought Maestro would go up... and here I see this wonderful price. Boooooo
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 02:19 AM   #3404
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

I really don't know why Canada is getting a price increase. We just got one back in 2016 and now we get another. Not fair at all in my opinion. Especially since we've been paying more in USD after conversion.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 08:43 AM   #3405
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
I really don't know why Canada is getting a price increase. We just got one back in 2016 and now we get another. Not fair at all in my opinion. Especially since we've been paying more in USD after conversion.
Simple.

Inflation, production costs, supply costs, shipping costs...list goes on and on. It's life. Smaller economy. They're toys. Get upset when they jack your food prices 3-5% this year...that's bad.

USA got an increase as well too...and life's not fair either...

At this point everytime there's a price increase its paint by Numbers with the posts here. What's next we gonna complain Coke isn't 5¢ a bottle anymore. Houses arent $5000...

Ain't nobody holding a gun to your head to buy them. Vote with your wallet and don't buy it...or better yet if aren't getting one go demand a COLA increase at work every year...

Last edited by sixshot1981; 02-05-2021 at 08:46 AM.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 09:34 AM   #3406
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
Simple.

Inflation, production costs, supply costs, shipping costs...list goes on and on. It's life. Smaller economy. They're toys. Get upset when they jack your food prices 3-5% this year...that's bad.

USA got an increase as well too...and life's not fair either...

At this point everytime there's a price increase its paint by Numbers with the posts here. What's next we gonna complain Coke isn't 5¢ a bottle anymore. Houses arent $5000...

Ain't nobody holding a gun to your head to buy them. Vote with your wallet and don't buy it...or better yet if aren't getting one go demand a COLA increase at work every year...

And we can probably expect another increase fairly soon. Maybe not from Hasbro, but it seems production costs are going up for the little guys. At least according to Brian Flynn at Super7.

His interview with Pixel Dan was really interesting. He went into more detail than I think pretty much anyone in a company has before, at least publicly. His breakdown of cost factors was great to hear.

According to him the factories are operated around the Chinese New Year as their "year end". So every year, for them at least, March brings the inevitable price increase to production. Hence why they are increasing their Ultimates price by $10. This might not affect Hasbro as much since they have moved a lot of production to Vietnam.

Now Hasbro is the big boy, so they have more power to keep costs down, especially at the factory level. However they aren't immune as we have seen with the recent price increases. Also they have no control over raw material prices, and according to Brian Flynn those prices have been steadily increasing ever since Covid. Mostly because a lot of the raw materials for PPE are used in the manufacture of lots of common products.

Then there is the shipping problems. Again according to Brian Flynn, they could normally get a container of product on a ship in about a week. Now it takes them 2-3 weeks minimum, plus another couple weeks to get the product out of port once it arrives in the USA. On top of that, the shortage of containers worldwide has pushed up the price to actually get your products on a ship. Something that is affecting everyone from little companies all the way up to the biggest ones in the world.

All this long-winded jibber-jabber is basically to say get ready for another price increase probably a lot sooner than we realize.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 05:55 PM   #3407
ghostlurk29
Mutant

I like to think the figure quality has increased a bit, along with the price.

Today's $32 Legends are generally better figures than the $19 Legends from page one of this thread.

I also feel like we're in a sellers market at the moment. Everything seems to be holding value for a long time. The last wave I saw go on clearance (within a year of release) for sub $10 was AoA.
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 11:30 AM   #3408
Stryfe2026
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
And yet somehow the point remains...

Price increases are inevitable, several users have pointed out reasons why, they're a fact of life, move on.

While you make a valid point about it being a discussion (pretty sure you answered your own question about why I'm here) thread certain users aren't making points in the discussion and instead choosing to discuss why at 3am their feelings are butt hurt

Almost every user adds value to this discussion except one user, he won't see these posts anyway he's probably too busy sleeping till 2pm

I don’t normally chime in but I have to agree. I’m tired of coming here to see the same discussion posts about how it’s EBs fault, or Walmart trying to hurt you or Toys R Us messing everything up, or the almighty Hasbro intentionally shorting inventory to make us all quit. As people have said before, if you dont like it, stop collecting. If there’s no joy over something then why do you do it? That being said, I’m excited for the stuff we've seen so far. Last years exclusives actually felt like they expanded the line, instead of being repainted variants. Save for Moon Knight, who I’m still holding out hope will show up here, everything was available pretty easily.

Last edited by Stryfe2026; 02-06-2021 at 11:47 AM.
Stryfe2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 11:42 AM   #3409
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryfe2026 View Post
Save for Moon Knight, who I’m still holding out hope will show up here, everything was available pretty easily.
I totally folded and bought mine at Walgreens. It's patiently waiting for mine at the border whenever the heck we can go back there
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 11:47 AM   #3410
Stryfe2026
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlurk29 View Post
I like to think the figure quality has increased a bit, along with the price.

Today's $32 Legends are generally better figures than the $19 Legends from page one of this thread.

I also feel like we're in a sellers market at the moment. Everything seems to be holding value for a long time. The last wave I saw go on clearance (within a year of release) for sub $10 was AoA.
I agree, after seeing or getting some older Legends, the new ones have it in quality. The assortment is also better, with Red Hulk, Silver Centurion Ironman and Doctor Doom being standouts. Oh and Toxin.
Stryfe2026 is offline   Reply With Quote