ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 08-04-2021, 03:33 PM   #4001
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

I think when it comes to price there will be a slow drop off of buyers. Granted the US is still well below us in pricing so there won't be a marked difference in the near term there.

Here though, I think a lot of collectors will take a second, and third, look at figures before buying. I honestly don't see the value anymore in ML at $34 a figure. Unless it is a character/figure I really want. However that will probably be few and far between. Recently I went in on Quasar because he was a super long desired figure.

However, on the flip side, what are our options? When it comes to 6" scale Marvel there are few options. Either you go cheaper, and get cheaper, or you go more expensive and pay double/triple for the same scale. I like some of what Mezco, SH Figuarts, etc, etc, have been doing, but the price is tough to swallow which is why I haven't picked up anything from them to date.

As for exclusives, that is just a fact we have to face. They aren't going anywhere, and we don't have much of a say anyway. It is the retailer who has the say.

I have been finding value (personally) in the deluxe price point as of late. I like the bigger figures, and the extra accessories for smaller figures. Also I have not yet paid full price for any of the deluxes so that is a bonus. l especially don't want to pay this new $70+ that seems to be the norm as well.

So the long story, short I think we will see a drop off in sales that Hasbro will continue to try and offset with higher prices.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 04:22 PM   #4002
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

It all depends on the collector. Some collectors may not mind shelling out extra for Mezco, Mafex, Figuarts, etc. They really aren't that much more expensive if you think about it. Buying two ML's after tax at the new price point is around $80. Marvel figuarts and Mafex retail between $75-$90 CAD. The only downside to the import lines, cost aside is they only really do MCU stuff. Mafex has dipped a little bit into the comic stuff like X-Men and Spider-Man but that's it. Marvel Legends still has a HUGE library of characters from MCU and comics that can't be rivaled which is the biggest appeal the line has.

I wonder if stores are already being affected or its just my location. Every WM, TRU and EB I've been to in my area has REALLY cut back on the amount of product they have and are carrying really old stuff. It wasn't like this at the beginning of the year.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 08-04-2021 at 04:31 PM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 10:46 PM   #4003
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
It all depends on the collector. Some collectors may not mind shelling out extra for Mezco, Mafex, Figuarts, etc. They really aren't that much more expensive if you think about it. Buying two ML's after tax at the new price point is around $80. Marvel figuarts and Mafex retail between $75-$90 CAD. The only downside to the import lines, cost aside is they only really do MCU stuff. Mafex has dipped a little bit into the comic stuff like X-Men and Spider-Man but that's it. Marvel Legends still has a HUGE library of characters from MCU and comics that can't be rivaled which is the biggest appeal the line has.

I wonder if stores are already being affected or its just my location. Every WM, TRU and EB I've been to in my area has REALLY cut back on the amount of product they have and are carrying really old stuff. It wasn't like this at the beginning of the year.
Same issue here in Edmonton. EB Games especially doesn't seem to be getting that much new stock. Walmart gets intial stock, but somehow it gets picked through so fast that no one really gets to buy the newer figures.

Last edited by ssjgoku22; 08-05-2021 at 01:31 AM.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 11:57 PM   #4004
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Same issue here in Edmonton. EB Games especially doesn't seem to be getting that much new stock. Walmart gets intialn stock, but somehow it gets picked through so fast that no one really gets to buy the newer figures.
Did your stores shrink their shelf space too?
Old 08-05-2021, 12:09 AM   #4005
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
I noticed yesterday that my local TRU did. Marvel Legends space cut about in half.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 01:32 AM   #4006
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
I noticed yesterday that my local TRU did. Marvel Legends space cut about in half.
Yeah, Marvel Legends space definitely has gotten smaller.
Old 08-05-2021, 08:08 AM   #4007
ghostlurk29
Mutant

https://www.toysrus.ca/en/Hasbro-Mar.../54E9DA0A.html

Not sure if this is new, but Shang-chi Katy $27 (TRU exclusive?).
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 08:29 AM   #4008
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlurk29 View Post
https://www.toysrus.ca/en/Hasbro-Mar.../54E9DA0A.html

Not sure if this is new, but Shang-chi Katy $27 (TRU exclusive?).
Already discounted!? I'n really annoyed at myself for not having a few weeks more patience, and going via eBay…
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 08:45 AM   #4009
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

with the Shang Chi wave already on clearance. I wonder how the Eternals wave will do.
Old 08-05-2021, 12:49 PM   #4010
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
Already discounted!? I'n really annoyed at myself for not having a few weeks more patience, and going via eBay…
Quote:
with the Shang Chi wave already on clearance. I wonder how the Eternals wave will do.
Some stores in the US (I think it's Walgreens to be exact) have discounted the Shang-Chi wave to $4USD per figure. RIP this wave. Maybe Hasbro should have waited until the movie released.