ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 10-22-2021, 05:49 PM   #4401
Darth Cosmos
Master of the Universe
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Mine was a preorder and it arrived on todays shipment. They only got my preorder because it was the only preorder they got for it. No extras.
Darth Cosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 05:14 PM   #4402
usernameprime
Cobra Commander

sdcc venom up for order on HP

bit the bullet and bought one for my symbiote collection. looking forward to getting Knull next year.
usernameprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 06:09 PM   #4403
ghostlurk29
Mutant

That Vulcan figure ("the new BuckyCap") better have a ball-joint waist, otherwise this line will be stuck in the dark-ages for the next 7 years (the non-mcu side anyways)
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 06:36 PM   #4404
Enforcer
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlurk29 View Post
That Vulcan figure ("the new BuckyCap") better have a ball-joint waist, otherwise this line will be stuck in the dark-ages for the next 7 years (the non-mcu side anyways)
I don't... think any regular figures have that? Just ones like Doom that are wider bodied (ie. robes).

I also don't know if anyone considers the current offering of Legends as "the dark ages".
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 07:46 PM   #4405
ghostlurk29
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
I don't... think any regular figures have that?
That's my point.

Newer Hasbro lines like Classified and Fortnite use a ball-joint waist. It improves articulation and arguably appearance.

Legends feel dated in comparison. I'm not sure this Vulcan buck will bridge that gap.
Old 10-23-2021, 10:11 PM   #4406
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Well, those Pulse-con Marvel releases were pretty lame. Other than the VHS Wolverine, Winter Soldier and Knull, it was pretty boring.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 04:58 AM   #4407
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Well, those Pulse-con Marvel releases were pretty lame. Other than the VHS Wolverine, Winter Soldier and Knull, it was pretty boring.

Yup.

Honestly I think the Joe team was the best of the weekend. Not only with reveals, but overall presentation. They were fairly well polished, and interacted with each well. The marketing rep was kind of uneven at first, but then she really hit her stride and did a great job of moderating the panel. Lenny as always was enthusiastic.

As for the ML team, they seemed to really stumble out of the gate for their panel. I don't know if it was the format, or the extra people involved, but it was kind of cringe worthy at the beginning.

And what was the deal with the guy beside Dwight? A quick intro at the beginning, and then you never hear from him again, and barely see, or acknowledge him???

And Dwight, yikes!!!! During the reveals he just looked super uncomfortable and so many times he just seemed to stare into the camera like he was silently asking for help while being held hostage.

And (again) Jesse Falcon?? What was the point? He basically said a couple words and then sat there for the rest of the panel before just suddenly "having to go".

It really was pretty terrible until the end when it was just the big 3 again. All of a sudden when it was just Ryan, Dan and Dwight they got back into their groove and banter that we have come to enjoy.

As for the reveals, it was pretty disappointing. Although how much of that is a product of expectations from previous Fan First events? They have revealed so much before that it was pretty anti-climactic. Especially since this is Pulse Con their big event.

Overall the reveals were also underwhelming. I liked the Iron Man, but it wasn't exactly breaking new ground. Despayre?? was an interesting reveal. It is always good to get new characters in the line, even if I have little interest. The Animated X-Men were cool, but I was never really into the show so it doesn't really do much for me. The Cap 2 pack and Bucky were just "meh" but I am not a big MCU collector. Retro was fine, but again I don't collect the line.

About the only thing I was mildly excited for was the Wanda and Vision. I love the West Coast Avengers line up and it was great to see them get some more love.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 11:35 AM   #4408
ghostlurk29
Mutant

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0957XFY97/
Winter
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0957Z4259/
Scarlet
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B095824NYX/
Vision

$34

Last edited by ghostlurk29; 10-24-2021 at 11:48 AM.
Old 10-24-2021, 12:02 PM   #4409
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Did Winter Soldier sell out, or is it not available yet?
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 12:08 PM   #4410
Ksteel
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlurk29 View Post

MMM Rifles. Guns. Suck it DC.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote