ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 11-10-2021, 10:42 AM   #81
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Haslab Projects General Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlurk29 View Post
Skystriker needs an early-bird perk.

Nah, it has a great set of tier unlocks. While an early bird would be nice, it would just move up the backer numbers, and probably not add that many more than before. I mean the Proton Pack had an early bird perk, it didn't even reach the funding goal with that perk, it took more days after to get funded. And after reading the fine print for the early bird perk, I definitely don't want Hasbro to go that route as it would be expensive. They require you to be a Pulse Premium Member at the time of ordering, AND at the time of fulfillment which could be 2 years later.

I much prefer the format of revealing everything up front. I just think with 3 Haslabs and all the run up to Christmas it will be tight for a lot of people. So being out front and promoting the project is probably even more important than with previous projects.

Also this is the dog days of the project. Just like with pretty much all other kickstarter type of projects you get the early bump, the slump, and finally the jump at the end. So I won't be too worried until the final week.

Last edited by canprime; 11-10-2021 at 10:46 AM.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 12:00 PM   #82
usernameprime
Cobra Commander

gotta be honest here... i want to see at least one project NOT reach the goal
usernameprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 02:19 PM   #83
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by usernameprime View Post
gotta be honest here... i want to see at least one project NOT reach the goal
HATER!!!! GO BACK TO MATTEL!!!!

They are all going to fund. What I want to see is do they all make all the tiers? Also what will the final numbers be? If one of them doesn't make 20,000 or an unlock, I wonder how Hasbro will spin it? Probably just ignore that and still call it successful because it made the backing target

I still say that anything less than 20,000 will be viewed as negatively by the higher ups at Hasbro. At least when compared to the recent Haslabs.
Old 11-10-2021, 02:37 PM   #84
usernameprime
Cobra Commander

Personally i think the process is a complete fraud. If a project wasn't fully funded (as per what Hasbro claims is the amount of backers "needed") then I am sure Hasbro will just fudge the numbers and say it's fully funded.

If it wasn't funded then that would mean customers think it's a rip off, Hasbro wouldn't want that sort of message to come through or at least not allow it to be known that the message was received.

Plus you got prototypes which as far as I'm concerned means Hasbro is good to go on the project now. Molds are likely sitting in the wings just waiting.

Haslab cuts the middle-man but still charges likes it's retail. Profit, profit, profit. Haslab is a manufacturers dream, charge lots, get $ upfront on each order, produce nothing more than whats ordered plus your standard warranty surplus stock and do it at leisure.

Plus imagine the blow back if Hasbro said a project was short a few thousand or something. Do you really think Hasbro will simply hand out refunds and tell the backers "too bad, have a nice day, buy our shit tho".

Last edited by usernameprime; 11-10-2021 at 02:44 PM.
usernameprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 04:09 PM   #85
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Well Hasbro did have 1 Haslab fail. Cookie Monster never got funded. Of course it wasn't even close so there was no need to try and extend the deadline.

Unicron is the only Haslab to date that had to be extended. That one was close near the end and I think Hasbro decided they didn't want another failure so close to Cookie Monster so they went for the extension. That got them over the finish line. So they clearly aren't against playing fast and loose with some of the critieria around a Haslab.

Since then though they have had success after success. So I think they have gotten a little over confident about these projects. Which is probably what led to the crazy idea of running 3 at the same time.

As for the molds, they don't do anything until the project is funded. It costs a lot to make the acutal steel molds for production. Brian Flynn at Super7 has mentioned upwards of $500,000 for big items. So the digital renders, and printed prototypes are easy enough to make with little investment.

As for refunds, they don't charge people until the end of the backing period. So if it doesn't get funded you don't get charged. So Hasbro doesn't get anything if it doesn't fund.

Like I said before, these will fund. The interesting thing will be the reaction from both Hasbro and the fans if any of them don't reach all the tiers. That is where we might see some fancy accounting on Hasbro's part.

Plus, again as I said, I think if one of them doesn't make 20,000 that would be a signal to Hasbro to evaluate their decision making process for the Haslabs.
Old 11-11-2021, 06:52 AM   #86
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Update:

Skystriker: 5,257 / 10,000
Rancor: 5,013 / 9,000
Proton Pack: 8,099 / 7,000

So the Rancor got another little bump. Whether that is due to just regular orders, or another international dump, who knows. Either way it is now about 250 units behind the Skystriker, compared to last week when the difference at one point was almost 800 units. Hopefully the Joe team will do something soon to bring back some attention to the Skystriker. The number of backers has slowed to a trickle, which is definitely not good news. I wonder if they have any international orders they can do as an order dump like other Haslabs have done, are doing? It seems like so far they haven't had any big, out of nowhere, bumps in the numbers like the Rancor has had. Maybe they are holding on to those numbers until later? The Proton Pack is still chugging along, but now is close to only 100 backers a day which is down considerably from last week.

Last edited by canprime; 11-11-2021 at 06:56 AM.
Old 11-12-2021, 06:47 AM   #87
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Update:

Skystriker: 5,298 / 10,000
Rancor: 5,048 / 9,000
Proton Pack: 8,195 / 7,000

The Skystriker went back to around 50 units added. The Rancor dropped a bit on it's daily average (35 today). The Proton Pack is still managing to stay above 100 units added, but it is dropping and might drop below a daily add of 100 this weekend.
Old 11-13-2021, 06:14 AM   #88
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Update:

Skystriker: 5,345 / 10,000
Rancor: 5,081 / 9,000
Proton Pack: 8,272 / 7,000

So the Skystriker is back up a little bit to about 50 units in 24 hours. That led to it slightly increasing it's lead on the Rancor again after a couple days of either losing some of that lead, or holding steady. The Rancor just added 33 units. The Proton Pack continues it's downward trend. For the first time it has added less than 100 units in a 24 hour period (77). Of course it is still miles ahead of both the Skystriker and Rancor. However it looks like the diehards are, mostly, all in and now it is the looky-loos and procrastinators to wait on for backing.
Old 11-14-2021, 07:03 AM   #89
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Update:

Skystriker: 5,373 / 10,000
Rancor: 5,101 / 9,000
Proton Pack: 8,356 / 7,000

Ah the weekend. Always good for dropping the number of backers added to a trickle. Skystriker only added 28 units, Rancor added 20, and the Proton Pack added 84. All down from the daily average during the week. However, like I said, it is the weekend and it tends to be slower.

Let's see if the new week bring any new info/presentations to try and boost interest.
Old 11-15-2021, 05:55 AM   #90
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Update:

Skystriker: 5,400 / 10,000
Rancor: 5,116 / 9,000
Proton Pack: 8,398 / 7,000

Hoo boy talk about a slow day. The Skystriker added 27 units. The Rancor only added 15 units!!! Even the Proton Pack added 58. So I will attribute most of these pathetic numbers to Sunday being a super slow day. Hopefully the numbers will bump up with the beginning of a new week.