ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 10-13-2022, 04:52 AM   #511
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Haslab Projects General Discussion

Update:

Ghost Rider: 5,187 / 9,000 (+1) 57.63% of funding goal with 18d 19h left.

Heroscape: 2,426 / 8,000 (+82) 30.33% of funding goal with 33d 20h left.

WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!! Finally another positive day. Unfortunately when you do a bit more of a deep dive it isn't actually as positive as it seems. The numbers had a bump yesterday, after my daily update, outside of what has been the norm for the past two weeks (+21). Unfortunately there is no way of knowing what the bump is attributed to (international backers added?) so who can say what happened.

However looking at what happened after it is still troubling. That bump was basically wiped out throughout the day. So backers are still backing out fairly consistently. Let's see what happens today.

Still on the positive side it did, finally, get back to gaining backers, even if it was just one.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 05:56 AM   #512
Canukle
Clonetrooper

Looks like the Heroscape Haslab is also struggling. 30% at 33 days left is worse than Ghost Rider was at the same point in the project.

But maybe boardgames just fund differently on Haslab? It seems to be gaining each day.

Anyway, seems to really confirm that Hasbro needs to re-think the way they work their Haslab projects. From pricing to marketing and on - they just aren't anywhere near what the popular Kickstarters manage to do
Canukle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 08:22 AM   #513
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canukle View Post
Looks like the Heroscape Haslab is also struggling. 30% at 33 days left is worse than Ghost Rider was at the same point in the project.

But maybe boardgames just fund differently on Haslab? It seems to be gaining each day.

Anyway, seems to really confirm that Hasbro needs to re-think the way they work their Haslab projects. From pricing to marketing and on - they just aren't anywhere near what the popular Kickstarters manage to do

They definitely need to take a step back and rethink how they do the Haslabs. It might be better to also just take a break for a year and reset, as well as let collectors reset. However leaving possible money on the table is probably not in the cards for a big corporation.

As for Heroscape, I don't know anything about it so I can't speak to whether or not this is struggling, or just slow. I would say it is hard to judge right now, especially since they haven't been hit with a crash like the Hellcharger. Still I don't know enough to say either way.
Old 10-13-2022, 09:02 AM   #514
Canukle
Clonetrooper

I don't know too much about Heroscape either, but I've supported a few similar boardgames on Kickstarter in the past. They all seem to get fully-funded within days, if not hours. Just based on that past experience, I'd say it was struggling. But you're right - it's hard to really judge this early
Canukle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 06:15 AM   #515
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Update:

Ghost Rider: 5,160 / 9,000 (-27) 57.33% of funding goal with 17d 17h left.

Heroscape: 2,464 / 8,000 (+38) 30.80% of funding goal with 32d 18h left.

GR still dropping, and could possibly drop below 5,000 backers before the final days. Not much else to add to this update today. *shrug*
Old 10-15-2022, 04:34 AM   #516
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Update:

Ghost Rider: 5,148 / 9,000 (-12) 57.20% of funding goal with 16d 19h left.

Heroscape: 2,522 / 8,000 (+58) 31.53% of funding goal with 31d 20h left.

A tale of two Haslabs. Each one going in the opposite direction right now, at a slow pace. Ghost Rider feels a bit like sinking in quicksand right now while Heroscape feels like climbing the stair of a skyscraper.
Old 10-15-2022, 05:04 PM   #517
cloud
Master of the Universe

It's a sad view to say at least.
Don't mean to say people are dumb but I find it interesting that people are backing out.
Ghost Driver is half way backed? And not looking likely it will hit the min quota. So backing just discourage people from joining the funding and the goal is to have a new toy to play with at the end.

So backing out isn't doing anyone favors. If there's so little demand, it won't be made anyways. If people are worried about just barely hitting 9000 and you don't get the full deal with all the tiers. Back out by then.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 05:49 AM   #518
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Update:

Ghost Rider: 5,133 / 9,000 (-15) 57.03% of funding goal with 15d 18h left.

Heroscape: 2,571 / 8,000 (+49) 32.14% of funding goal with 30d 19h left.

Still drip, drip, dripping away backers for Ghost Rider. Probably the best thing for this project right now is the lack of attention it is getting. Out of sight, out of mind is usually not a good thing, but in this case I think it helps because barring a turnaround right now it is better to not focus on a struggling project.

ALSO:

What do you guys think are the chances that the Hellcharger gets an addition to the base offering? Both the Skystriker and Rancor pulled that move to try and help their struggles. It didn't work for the Rancor, but it did for the Skystriker.

We all know that there is a final tier figure they haven't unveiled, but with both the Rancor and Skystriker, they actually added a new figure(s) to the base that were separate from the tiers. So maybe if things are worrying enough behind the scenes, the ML team will add something to the base to sweeten the pot.

Another question. If they do add to the base offering, if it is anything but another figure is that enough?
Old 10-16-2022, 10:17 AM   #519
ghostlurk29
Mutant

If all they add to the base package is a t-shirt and coffee mug, I will admit this campaign is dead. Any addition needs to be a figure. People collect Marvel Legends for the characters, not the props.

I think Spiderman Ghost Rider is their ace-in-the-hole. Blue Flaming skull + RYW buck = 20k Backers.
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 06:43 AM   #520
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Update:

Ghost Rider: 5,117 / 9,000 (-16) 56.86% of funding goal with 14d 17h left.

Heroscape: 2,603 / 8,000 (+32) 32.54% of funding goal with 29d 18h left.

Drip, drip, drip.....