ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 05-18-2021, 08:10 PM   #3721
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
Shang-Chi wave is mostly sold out at EB Games and Amazon.ca. Just because it's widely available in the US, doesn't mean the same is true in Canada.
Yeah I know but the Shang-Chi Wave shelf warming stateside means one of two things. That They overproduced the wave or people aren't interested. How the figures do in the States means more than they do here in Canada cause they have the bigger population with more buying power. Plus just because something sells out here doesn't always mean alot of people want it. It could also mean that retailers weren't given a whole lot of stock.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 05-18-2021 at 08:14 PM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 08:15 PM   #3722
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Yeah, but why are we even talking about that? I was posting to let people know the wave is shipping. Not to say whether it's going to sit on shelves in the US, which is not very relevant up here. Also, who cares about "how the figures do?" I certainly don't care if other people like it or not.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 10:23 PM   #3723
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Yeah, but why are we even talking about that? I was posting to let people know the wave is shipping. Not to say whether it's going to sit on shelves in the US, which is not very relevant up here. Also, who cares about "how the figures do?" I certainly don't care if other people like it or not.
Because it relates to Marvel Legends? This is the Marvel Legends discussion thread. We're allowed to talk about anything Marvel Legends here regardless of whether you believe we should be talking about it or not. It is kind of relevant because if people in the U.S aren't buying something it's an indicator that people aren't very interested and lack of interest means figures stop being made regardless of whether Canada is buying them. You liking the figure despite people not liking it isn't relevant in the grand scheme of things because Hasbro isn't going to make products just cause you and 5 other people like them.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 05-18-2021 at 10:31 PM.
Old 05-19-2021, 12:29 AM   #3724
Primetyme
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
First the Black Widow Wave shelf warms, now it's the Shang-Chi wave. I can't see the Eternals doing any better on pegs. This is not a good look for the MCU.

Maybe because noone has seen any of the movies yet? Trailers can only do so much to sell product, but if the movie is good that will surely help.

We'll see how Disney+ wave does but considering how the Scarlet Witch pre-orders are sold out at big box I don't see a doomsday scenario.

Eternals just looks bad all around anyway but to each their own.
Primetyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 12:30 AM   #3725
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Doesn't really matter... lol
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 01:33 AM   #3726
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Ok, chill peeps. This is a discussion thread, so as long as it pertains to discussing Marvel Legends, it's on topic.

Eternals is more of a niche part of Marvel, hence why it's shelf-warming in the States. To be honest, I was surprised to see the Tri-Sentinel X-Men wave shelf-warming now. Usually X-Men ML's fly off the shelves. Anything Avengers/MCU is gonna sell, hence why the Wanda wave is selling out before it's even released. I think we hit a bit of a dry spell as of late (we're getting figures, but they're not that interesting imo).
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 02:06 AM   #3727
Ksteel
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
First the Black Widow Wave shelf warms, now it's the Shang-Chi wave. I can't see the Eternals doing any better on pegs. This is not a good look for the MCU.
Honestly, it's no big deal.

MCU Legends figures will just continue as exclusives or premiums (like the Infinity Saga line) direct to the fans, if the mass retail waves don't work.

That being said, the movie hype could make all the difference upon release.

Black Panther figures disappeared off the shelves in record time during that film's launch. Sold out stores.

So much so that Hasbro commissioned the All-Black Panther Legends wave in reaction to the demand.

Though, if I had to place bets... Spider-Man: No Way Home will have the hottest merch of the film releases this year.... considering those rumored to be in it.

Last edited by Ksteel; 05-19-2021 at 02:09 AM.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 09:21 AM   #3728
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetyme View Post
Maybe because noone has seen any of the movies yet? Trailers can only do so much to sell product, but if the movie is good that will surely help.

We'll see how Disney+ wave does but considering how the Scarlet Witch pre-orders are sold out at big box I don't see a doomsday scenario.

Eternals just looks bad all around anyway but to each their own.
Yeah they might start doing better once the film releases but the film is still 4 months away so will them watching the movie even matter by then? Also I think part of the reason why people may not like this Wave is cause the Shang-Chi figures look very plain and not all that exciting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksteel View Post
Honestly, it's no big deal.

MCU Legends figures will just continue as exclusives or premiums (like the Infinity Saga line) direct to the fans, if the mass retail waves don't work.

That being said, the movie hype could make all the difference upon release.

Black Panther figures disappeared off the shelves in record time during that film's launch. Sold out stores.

So much so that Hasbro commissioned the All-Black Panther Legends wave in reaction to the demand.

Though, if I had to place bets... Spider-Man: No Way Home will have the hottest merch of the film releases this year.... considering those rumored to be in it.
Yeah but I don't think the Black Panther situation is comparable here. We were already acquainted with Black Panther through Civil War. The seed of hype was planted and had a chance to grow for a whole 2 years before the stand alone movie dropped. Where as Shang-Chi is getting his own movie right off the bat with no hype or anticipation behind it.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 05-19-2021 at 09:39 AM.
Old 05-19-2021, 09:35 AM   #3729
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
To be honest, I was surprised to see the Tri-Sentinel X-Men wave shelf-warming now. Usually X-Men ML's fly off the shelves. Anything Avengers/MCU is gonna sell, hence why the Wanda wave is selling out before it's even released. I think we hit a bit of a dry spell as of late (we're getting figures, but they're not that interesting imo).
The Tri-Sentinel X-Men doesn't interest people that don't read the recent comics, I think that's why they aren't selling as well. I only bought Marvel Girl myself.
Old 05-19-2021, 01:28 PM   #3730
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Megatron View Post
The Tri-Sentinel X-Men doesn't interest people that don't read the recent comics, I think that's why they aren't selling as well. I only bought Marvel Girl myself.
Fair enough, I passed on the entire wave.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote