ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 11-07-2020, 12:29 AM   #11
wedge1021
Mutant
Re: Star Wars Black Series Mandalorian Loyalist Released in Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwave View Post
Why do people do this!?!
Can't speak for everyone, but for my own area I have joined up with a few other local collectors to form a hunt group. When one of us sees a new case, we pretty much buy the whole thing and then divide up between us. It might look like a scalper or something at the time, but it's really just one person buying for multiple collectors. It's really sad and frustrating that that's what we've had to resort to in order to each get one. I just don't understand why Hasbro thought it was a good idea to put these out as WM exclusives. They're just about my favourite figures of the year, plus they're troop builders. I hope WM paid a hefty price for them at least.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 12:27 PM   #12
StarwarsTF
Bounty hunter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
Can't speak for everyone, but for my own area I have joined up with a few other local collectors to form a hunt group. When one of us sees a new case, we pretty much buy the whole thing and then divide up between us. It might look like a scalper or something at the time, but it's really just one person buying for multiple collectors. It's really sad and frustrating that that's what we've had to resort to in order to each get one. I just don't understand why Hasbro thought it was a good idea to put these out as WM exclusives. They're just about my favourite figures of the year, plus they're troop builders. I hope WM paid a hefty price for them at least.
We do the same in a group of guys in my area also. If they’re out you buy them all up and divide them, at cost. Usually the guy who finds them gets a rounded number to help for his time.

AFN thread: http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/board...=7649#post7649

Cyber.ca thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18642

Last edited by StarwarsTF; 11-07-2020 at 01:09 PM.
StarwarsTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 12:21 AM   #13
Zone55555
Clonetrooper

UPC please someone.
Zone55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 12:57 AM   #14
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone55555 View Post
UPC please someone.
Old 11-11-2020, 03:07 AM   #15
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarwarsTF View Post
We do the same in a group of guys in my area also. If they’re out you buy them all up and divide them, at cost. Usually the guy who finds them gets a rounded number to help for his time.
I don't understand how you think that's helping anyone. People still can't get the figures who aren't in your collector group so you're really no different from a scalper to be honest. You're just creating more unnecessary competition for everyone else.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 09:02 AM   #16
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
I don't understand how you think that's helping anyone. People still can't get the figures who aren't in your collector group so you're really no different from a scalper to be honest. You're just creating more unnecessary competition for everyone else.
Lmao

And if you buy more than one how are you helping them then. Him buying 6 for him and 5 people is literally no different than 6 people buying one each. Your argument makes literally no sense.

My God the bitter shade being thrown on this site right now over these toys. But with that being said I'll leave this right here. Hypocrite...

Quote:
My local Walmart just put out the case of 6 today. Only went for 2 then debated about getting another.. and ended up leaving with 4. Normally I feel bad about taking more than 1 figure(especially for exclusives) and try to leave some to others but I had some cool ideas in my head for a display. Plus if I did leave more a scalper likely would have cleaned it out anyway and resold it online.
So it's OK when you find and take 4 home and your not "scalping" . But when 1 guy takes them all like StarWarsTF and gives everyone 1 each at cost he's the bad guy now. Sorry but this is literally insane.

Last edited by sixshot1981; 11-11-2020 at 09:10 AM.
sixshot1981 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 10:20 AM   #17
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

LOL sixshot1981 makes a pretty good point there, Zeroflamez.
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 02:09 PM   #18
Zone55555
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Megatron View Post
Thank you so much!
Zone55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 02:35 PM   #19
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
Plus if I did leave more a scalper likely would have cleaned it out anyway and resold it online.
This is the exact reason why we DO buy for our friends on these. I have personally witnessed a scalper hovering in the aisles when I picked these up one time. (I know he was one because he approached me afterwards and we had a short conversation - he was very nonchalant about the fact that he scalps things online, he looks at it as a business). If I hadn't grabbed all the ones we needed right away, all my friends would have been screwed and had to buy on kijiji or something from that exact scalper.

Is this the way it should be? No way. It's about the most sad and frustrating experience I've had in over 10 years of hardcore Star Wars collecting, and it's honestly gotten me thinking about whether or not I want to continue to support these stupid business practices.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 02:44 PM   #20
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Sometimes I can't really trust some who say they are doing it to help others out, when you find out they are really scalpers.

Link for Amazon Exclusive Holiday Mandalorian
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mandalorian loyalist, star wars black series