ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 09-17-2021, 04:25 PM   #21
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Re: Price increases in toy collecting: keep buying or will you stop?

The first transformer I bought in like 20 years ( Kingdom optimus primal) the plastic cracked while i was transforming it. Everything on the figure was tight( or frozen) the plastic felt so cheap I was scared to even transformer it. I ended up returning it after it broke and swore off Modern transformers. It's not even like im rough with my figures. Im always careful, sometimes too careful and I still managed to break the damn thing trying to pull the chest apart. As for gummy legs nearly all of my Hasbro figures have the problem. My LC SPD Shadow ranger can't even hold a pose and has trouble standing cause of it. These toys Ain't worth $35-$40 a pop.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 09-17-2021 at 04:27 PM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 10:45 PM   #22
ssjgoku22
Mutant
Re: Price increases in toy collecting: keep buying or will you stop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
The first transformer I bought in like 20 years ( Kingdom optimus primal) the plastic cracked while i was transforming it. Everything on the figure was tight( or frozen) the plastic felt so cheap I was scared to even transformer it. I ended up returning it after it broke and swore off Modern transformers. It's not even like im rough with my figures. Im always careful, sometimes too careful and I still managed to break the damn thing trying to pull the chest apart. As for gummy legs nearly all of my Hasbro figures have the problem. My LC SPD Shadow ranger can't even hold a pose and has trouble standing cause of it. These toys Ain't worth $35-$40 a pop.
I feel like you got a dud for your Kingdom Primal. I have one as well and it's quite a great figure. The plastic is quite good quality, so I'm a little confused as to why you think it's cheap (I mean your copy broke, but still). From everyone I know who has Kingdom Primal to the reviews, it's seems to be, unanimously, a solid figure. The only issue that a lot of people had with the figure was that the paint on the thighs can get scratched during transformation.

I did have the same issue with Shadow Ranger. I ended up using a hair dryer to straighten the legs, so it can pose properly now.

I feel like Hasbro will have to make better figures (closer to figuarts level) in order to justify further price increases. What they are making is not worth over the $40 price point. Maybe they should make another line that competes with imports and keep the mainline price low (similarly to what Bandai did). I don't know, it's just a thought. This trend that Hasbro is following is not a good one. Sure customers will continue to buy, but everyone has a limit, and, once they hit that limit, Hasbro will be losing serious profit.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote