ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 10-21-2020, 06:39 PM   #2681
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
I'm just tired of Canadian retail now days. Low availability, unreliable, nothing goes on clearance. Stores would rather sit on 20 peg warming Yavin Ceremony Lukes instead of just putting them on clearance dirt cheap to make room for new stuff. Even Canadian online stores are just as unreliable and shipping costs way too much (I know it's Canada posts fault not theirs) but it's still frustrating when I can order an import figure from Japan and pay less to have it shipped to me than it does to have something shipped to me that's coming from within my own country.
The real kicker comes when you see US Walmart’s or Targets clearancing stock that’s barely been on the shelves. I see collectors in the States picking up figures for 50% off or more after only a month. Meanwhile my local Walmart had a TFA Finn at full price for 4 YEARS!
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 06:44 PM   #2682
Stryfe2026
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
The real kicker comes when you see US Walmart’s or Targets clearancing stock that’s barely been on the shelves. I see collectors in the States picking up figures for 50% off or more after only a month. Meanwhile my local Walmart had a TFA Finn at full price for 4 YEARS!
A lot of clearance comes from in store, where someone uses monthly “clearance dollars” to get rid of products. If something, like the Marvel Legends Sugarman wave are put on clearance across multiple stores, then that’s at a store level. So for example, only having one Finn, the price person may have decided it’s not worth asking for an allocation of clearance money and losing out on clearancing other things. Plus the US has 100x the population, so they make up in volume what we get.
Stryfe2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 07:11 PM   #2683
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
I know the feeling. The deals and clearances they have in the States make me question how anyone can say things are expensive there.. Like I've seen videos of people hunting in Target and seeing Studio Series Leader Class Star Scream going on clearance for half the price as you said within weeks of release. It's just nuts lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryfe2026 View Post
A lot of clearance comes from in store, where someone uses monthly “clearance dollars” to get rid of products. If something, like the Marvel Legends Sugarman wave are put on clearance across multiple stores, then that’s at a store level. So for example, only having one Finn, the price person may have decided it’s not worth asking for an allocation of clearance money and losing out on clearancing other things. Plus the US has 100x the population, so they make up in volume what we get.
Yeah I'm not expecting Stores to clearance one Finn sitting on the shelf. But when you have a whole shelf FULL of old figures that have been sitting there forever with no one even buying it, it just has me asking what's even the point? It's not even just Figures though wherever I go I never see anything on clearance ever. Doesn't matter what store. They will just sit on old product forever. I guess this is just the reality of Retail in Canada in 2020. Don't even get me started on those Black Friday and Boxing day "deals".

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 10-21-2020 at 07:18 PM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 08:19 PM   #2684
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

WTF!!!!!!!!!

Best Wal-Mart I can get to has -6 on both super commando mando and clone trooper.

I Effin hate This!!!!!!!!

Star Wars Black Series Return of the Jedi 40th anniversary Darth Vader
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 09:57 PM   #2685
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwave View Post
WTF!!!!!!!!!

Best Wal-Mart I can get to has -6 on both super commando mando and clone trooper.

Yep. It's why I stopped bothering with Stock Track. I've been to multiple walmarts saying they had it in stock and I ended up wasting my time. For whatever reason it isn't working with these exclusives.
Old 10-21-2020, 10:10 PM   #2686
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Yep. It's why I stopped bothering with Stock Track. I've been to multiple walmarts saying they had it in stock and I ended up wasting my time. For whatever reason it isn't working with these exclusives.
It merely shows stock in the store...it's not a guarantee it has hit the floor yet. It's an excellent tool if you know how to use it. I routinely use it to score crazy clearance lego deals.

Much better than not knowing as well and guessing and wasting time driving around like the good ol days lol
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 10:29 PM   #2687
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwave View Post
WTF!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like human-error while stocking. Received 18, scanned 12, sold 18. Minus 6. (Just based on what I saw using the numbers here, most stores got 18.)

It was so... not... great... missing them in-person at multiple stores and watching over 100 Super Cs (and 332nds) disappear from all area WMs in less than 2 hours here last night.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 12:28 AM   #2688
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
It merely shows stock in the store...it's not a guarantee it has hit the floor yet. It's an excellent tool if you know how to use it. I routinely use it to score crazy clearance lego deals.

Much better than not knowing as well and guessing and wasting time driving around like the good ol days lol
Oh no yeah, I know it does work sometimes. It's how I got my Ahsoka Troopers, but lately it's been really hit or miss for me. Went to multiple stores that it said had Super Commando's I went and not a damn thing every time.
Old 10-22-2020, 04:01 AM   #2689
Darth Cosmos
Master of the Universe

Great haul today!

Darth Cosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 08:10 AM   #2690
jetsetjo
Red Shirt

Do you have the SKU for Commander Pyre? Thanks!
jetsetjo is offline   Reply With Quote