ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 12-30-2020, 10:12 AM   #1
abemecca
Cobra Trooper
$32.99 new price for Hasbro Action Figures

It seems all the major sites have figures, new and old, at $32.99. That is pushing the limits I think, will this stop anyone from collecting?
abemecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 10:17 AM   #2
Onslaught
Cylon Centurion
Re: $32.99 new price for Figures

You mean that sudden price increase over at Amazon? Seems at least that neither TRU or Walmart have increased their prices, ML and Black Series and the rest remain at 29.99, McFarlane figures remain at 24.99, etc.
Onslaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 10:22 AM   #3
Stryfe2026
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught View Post
You mean that sudden price increase over at Amazon? Seems at least that neither TRU or Walmart have increased their prices, ML and Black Series and the rest remain at 29.99, McFarlane figures remain at 24.99, etc.
So far all the new figures coming from EB are priced at $32.99 as well, such as the Power Ranger preorders and Black series. It’s the new price point going forward.
Stryfe2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 10:26 AM   #4
Onslaught
Cylon Centurion

EB has always been pricing things a bit higher than normal, just like Gamestop in the US. For example McFarlane's Warhammer figures were $24.99 at TRU and Amazon, while at EB they were $34.99. I think once TRU and Walmart price their items this way, then we'll have to worry about a permanent price increase. Pretty sure most of Hasbro's figures did recently get a new MSRP of 21.49, though that price isn't reflected on Pulse, so not sure when that was supposed to come into effect.
Onslaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 10:38 AM   #5
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

They will all be up there before the end of next year. Walmart has already done the bump on Star Wars Black Series in store.

As for me, it means waiting more for sales and being more selective when buying. Overall it definitely means I won't be buying as much which is probably a good thing anyway.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 10:41 AM   #6
Stryfe2026
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
They will all be up there before the end of next year. Walmart has already done the bump on Star Wars Black Series in store.

As for me, it means waiting more for sales and being more selective when buying. Overall it definitely means I won't be buying as much which is probably a good thing anyway.
Exactly, this rollout is going to be everywhere. Honestly, I was already spending what I spend, so this just means I get less for now.
Stryfe2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 01:01 PM   #7
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryfe2026 View Post
So far all the new figures coming from EB are priced at $32.99 as well, such as the Power Ranger preorders and Black series. It’s the new price point going forward.
This is why the Edge discount is so good, keeps the price lower.

I haven't looked into it but likely Hasbro has increased wholesale costs again, so retailers are increasing pricing in response to this.
Old 12-30-2020, 01:08 PM   #8
Ksteel
Mutant

I'm okay with this.

One simply should just be more selective with their purchases then.

PR Lightning Collection for example. I'm fine with paying 32.99 for Zeo Green. For the others in the wave? Hell no. But they aren't worth 29.99 either.

This price increase works out fine for casual collectors, and sucks for certain completionists. Hopefully y'all are the former, not the later.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 03:41 PM   #9
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksteel View Post
I'm okay with this.

One simply should just be more selective with their purchases then.

PR Lightning Collection for example. I'm fine with paying 32.99 for Zeo Green. For the others in the wave? Hell no. But they aren't worth 29.99 either.

This price increase works out fine for casual collectors, and sucks for certain completionists. Hopefully y'all are the former, not the later.
In my opinion, nothing in the deluxe scale in any of Hasbro's lines have been worth $29.99, and here we go, paying $33 for the same figures.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 04:09 PM   #10
StarwarsTF
Bounty hunter!

I just got onyx at eb. Lol I’m not sure if that’s good or bad the amount of money I spent.

AFN thread: http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/board...=7649#post7649

Cyber.ca thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18642
StarwarsTF is offline   Reply With Quote