ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 09-10-2023, 01:35 PM   #7251
lifedragon99
Decepticon
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Culla View Post
Pulse has gone off the deep end for shipping on Haslabs. I shipped 3 Sentinels to me in 2021 for 29.99 USD total. Now they are charging per item with no volume discount. It's a price gouge. I have e-mailed them multiple times (it may do no good I realize) advocating for free shipping for Pulse Premium members and a return to the past shipping calculation for Haslabs. The Ghost cost me 20% in shipping of the retail price! Ridiculous! It will also likely ship from their warehouse in Longueuil, Quebec, which should also reduce shipping (but it won't). They need to do better for their Canadian customers.
How do they have a warehouse in Quebec and no Canadian Pulse storefront?

That is ridiculous. Gotta gouge every last penny out of us.
lifedragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 03:44 PM   #7252
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifedragon99 View Post
How do they have a warehouse in Quebec and no Canadian Pulse storefront?

That is ridiculous. Gotta gouge every last penny out of us.
It's ridiculous when EU gets pulse before we do and we are right next door to the U.S. idk what's going on but I'm tired of us being left out of everything for seemingly no reason at all. Im beyond blaming Hasbro as I don't even think it's their fault anymore. Bandai was going to have a Premium Bandai store front for Canada but shut that down years ago. If two of the biggest toy companies are wary of making their premium services available to us despite there being a market here. I'm convinced it's something to do with our incompetent government and whatever laws they have in place but that is not the conversation for here.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 09-10-2023 at 03:50 PM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 04:45 PM   #7253
Webs
Man of Spiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
I'm convinced it's something to do with our incompetent government and whatever laws they have in place but that is not the conversation for here.
It kind of is the place, we're getting screwed by domestic companies the same way we are international companies. I'm sure some people here wanted stuff like the figuarts Spider-Man movie figures from Bandai, but since there's no Bandai Canada your only options are to pay varying levels of inflated prices on other websites.
Amazon is the worst, they have them but for over $100 each when they were like 50 or 60 dollars USD on the Premium Bandai site.
Hasbro is a Western company but does the same thing, a lot of people got screwed ordering the Haslab Unicron because of the shipping, whereas if they had a Canadian storefront or whatever, that could have alleviated some of the cost.
I wish we had some answers as to why Canada always gets shafted but we don't have anything solid.
Webs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 07:15 PM   #7254
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Just to pull one piece of the conversation out from earlier about shipping...prices have skyrocketed for both US to Canada and Canada to Canada shipping (not that CDN shipping via Canada Post has ever been reasonable).

And I mean at this point whenever I see anything comparing prices to a couple of years and using it as a basis I mean we all should be very acutely aware of what is going on right now. Setting politics aside everything costs more. Alot more.

That being said. Hasbro should have a Canadian Pulse. I'd like to see the metrics however of how many Canadians ship within the USA compared to those who ship USA to Canada.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 08:41 PM   #7255
MC Culla
Cobra Trooper

For Pulse and the Haslabs, the price for 1 item seems high, but then further, if you order multiples, they charge per unit as well. So if you order 3 items, they charge as if 3 separate planes shipped them to Canada, and then 3 different Fed Ex Trucks comes to your door individually to drop off the 3 items. Highly unlikely and I don't know of any company these days that does not have a max shipping threshold for capped or even free shipping. Heck, even TRU right now has free shipping. Hasbro should be able to do better. None the less, they don't seem to care as they are now using this max price shipping method for Haslabs.

For instance, if I had ordered 3 Ghosts, I highly doubt it would cost the $300USD they would have charged to ship them all to Canada.

Their whole shipping algorithm is off and to the detriment of Canadians.
MC Culla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 09:13 PM   #7256
Hoffman
Agent of Shield

I think people are severely underestimating how much shipping actually costs.

Any of these Haslab projects probably have to be shipped individually due to size constraints. If Hasbro gave a discount on multiples, they'd be losing so much money on shipping. 3 Ghosts almost assuredly would cost you shipping x3. There's no way they could ship more than one of those individually.

I would say from my retailing experience, subsidization of shipping (free offer, flat rate cap) is absolutely the #1 cost (outside of rent, but even then at a high enough volume it could add up to more). I literally LOST money on some orders, where the shipping cost was more than the total value of the actual order.
Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 10:39 AM   #7257
Napseeker
Dark Knight

So long as Canadians are willing to pay for shipping from Hasbro Pulse USA, we'll never get a Hasbro Pulse Canada. Why would they do it?

And even from just seeing the people who order from the US site on this board, it doesn't seem like Hasbro feels any need to open up a site just for us, because there's enough of us who pay it.

Not me though, I had enough of it early this year and just passed on any and all HP exclusives. The more we support their exclusives, the more they rake in the higher profit margins and the more HP exclusives they'll do from now on.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 01:52 PM   #7258
Robimus
Super Moderator

I dunno, these feels kinda like if Amazon decided, "we don't need an Amazon.ca. Canadians will just order from Amazon.com and pay the shipping".

Copy and paste for every single big retail business who has done the same thing. Don't need Walmart.ca, Bestbuy.ca, Gamestop.ca, so on. Except every one of those successful companies has decided they do want to have a .ca.

I guess it depends on what Hasbro wants Hasbro Pulse to be.

How they operate is absolutely annoying, no argument there. It makes collecting their products less fun by having every 3rd toy being exclusive to them and only available via pre order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
So long as Canadians are willing to pay for shipping from Hasbro Pulse USA, we'll never get a Hasbro Pulse Canada. Why would they do it?

And even from just seeing the people who order from the US site on this board, it doesn't seem like Hasbro feels any need to open up a site just for us, because there's enough of us who pay it.

Not me though, I had enough of it early this year and just passed on any and all HP exclusives. The more we support their exclusives, the more they rake in the higher profit margins and the more HP exclusives they'll do from now on.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 08:40 PM   #7259
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Hasbro Pulse when compared to those other ones, even Gamestop, is a small fry retailer though. The Hasbro Pulse execs could also have seen Target's abysmal failure here, along with other US non-toy retailer chains e.g. fashion and household supplies, that have tried to establish a foothold in Canada only to leave the country after only a few years. Amazon and Walmart are both retailers of a broad spectrum of items, so they have more broader appeal to the population than a HP toy-specific retailer operation would. There's much less risk for Amazon or Walmart to have a .ca service.

And I think they are being far more cautious in how they expand. Europe before Canada does make sense because Canada is basically the equivalent to one US state whereas a Hasbro Pulse Europe would likely open up a way larger customer base than us.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 01:35 PM   #7260
Robimus
Super Moderator

To me Target is not relevant, they failed due to gross corporate incompetence. But thats kinda off topic. Hasbro Pulse isn't going to have a store front.

I think what people are looking at is that Hasbro has corporate offices in Ontario. A warehouse, where all the Pulse items reportedly ship from, in Quebec. I'm told we already get a break on shipping due to this.

I think its a topic of conversation because Hasbro is already here.

I'd be curious to know where people who order from Pulse(I never have as yet, until the Dragonfly comes in 2027) see their orders shipping from. Is it all from Quebec?

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote