PDA

View Full Version : The Clone Wars: Season 2: Episode 11 Discussion Thread

SPLIT LIP
01-19-2010, 08:46 PM
http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=799&stc=1&d=1263948547
Figured I'd make this thread since the episode guide finally went live on SW.com. Hope nobody minds, but I couldn't wait!

Ahsoka loses her ligthsaber! What an Anakin thing to do. Will she get it back? Only Friday will tell.

SPLIT LIP
01-19-2010, 08:49 PM
Personally I can't wait. I've been super anxious for new CW eps.

Robimus
01-20-2010, 02:59 AM
Nice job on the thread. :) I popped in to create it to find it already here. A nice surprise.

I'm really looking forward to this epsiode as well. I alway enjoy looks at the underbelly of Coruscant and the advertisment of several original characters in the Episode is nice as well.

Can't wait for Friday.:)

Prowl_2009
01-20-2010, 10:50 AM
LOL, Asoka loses her lightsaber? Can you guess who's Padawan she is? :p Can't wait for Friday, this sounds like a good one and I always enjoy a more in-depth look at Coruscant. :D

SPLIT LIP
01-22-2010, 10:07 PM
Gotta say, pretty good ep for a one-shot. The story was basic but told well enough, the villains were interesting and overall it was a very nice-looking episode. Nice cinematography and colours. though it did feel like we're just killing time until 'Mandalore Plot' comes 'round.

StarwarsTF
01-23-2010, 12:29 AM
SPOILER!!!!

Excellent episode!! The elder Jedi teaching Ashoka "patience" great episode loved his lightsaber at the end!

Prowl_2009
01-23-2010, 12:40 AM
Gotta say, pretty good ep for a one-shot. The story was basic but told well enough, the villains were interesting and overall it was a very nice-looking episode. Nice cinematography and colours. though it did feel like we're just killing time until 'Mandalore Plot' comes 'round.

Agreed!

jacobot
01-23-2010, 10:58 AM
Police Droids?... Saber Cane :D

Prowl_2009
01-23-2010, 11:45 AM
LOL, missed the episode last night, so guess I am resorting to YouTube or torrents so I can see it. :p

SPLIT LIP
01-23-2010, 12:23 PM
I think that's the first time in this show, or the movies that we've seen a Lightsaber that's not red/blue/green/purple, since I believe the cane saber was white. I've rewatched it and I'm positive it wasn't blue.

JSon
01-23-2010, 12:41 PM
I really wasn't looking forward to this episode a lot, but it was surprisingly good, there were a lot of things I enjoyed. Coruscant looked awesome, the environments were beautiful. Loved the new elder Jedi, and of course CANE-SABER!

Prowl_2009
01-23-2010, 01:46 PM
"So you're saying there was something 'fishy' about him." :p

Prowl_2009
01-23-2010, 02:07 PM
I think that's the first time in this show, or the movies that we've seen a Lightsaber that's not red/blue/green/purple, since I believe the cane saber was white. I've rewatched it and I'm positive it wasn't blue.

Yep, it was white. I watched that scene three times.

Robimus
01-24-2010, 02:46 PM
They stole that Cane-Lightsaber idea from my fanfiction:p, lol. I'm not serious, but I do have a lightsaber hidden in a cane in one story.:D

I really liked Master Sinubey(sp?), nice character introduction and a fun, albeit simple character

The chase throughout the skyline of Coruscant was a bit overdone for my tastes, Ahsoka seemed a little super human(er Tograta) and the other girl didn't even have Force powers to aid her.

I know Filoni was likely thinking of that scene with Anakin in Ep-2, but the catch is that Anakin is suppost to be the most powerful Jedi ever, while Ahsoka is not.

I liked everything I saw about Coruscant. Lots of aliens(a little Twilek heavy, but OK, existing computer molds and all), loved seeing that Ithorian at the bar.:D

And I need a transscript of that speech by Palaptine, there might be some gold hidden in there.

Overall it was OK, but not on my favorites list.

Mandalorians are next week.:cool:

Robimus
01-24-2010, 02:51 PM

Thats a good catch there, I didn't notice it. Next time.

I wonder what happened to Lucas's color rules:confused:, he's the one who said the Jedi sabers have to be blue and green(bending for Sam Jackson's requested purple)

The EU has had a few white sabers(most notably the Imperial Knights from Legacy), but the inclusion of a few multi-colored sabers in TCW is a smart move for marketing I think. They should get around to some other hues as well.:D

hansolofake
01-24-2010, 03:02 PM
Yep-I checked, and it certainly looks white!

Robimus
01-24-2010, 03:32 PM
http://www.starwars.com/rat/theclonewars/guide/episode211/img45.jpg

It does have a very slight blue hint to it on the fringes. A lot less than the other blue Clone Wars sabers, but it is there.

Icetron
01-24-2010, 04:22 PM
Watched this ep on Friday, I must say that I really enjoyed the animation for the scene. Everything looked beautiful. The story was quite good too.

Robimus
01-24-2010, 04:37 PM
Here's a poor look at the Cartoon Network add for next week :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcSSeUfn87c

Obi-Wan getting his arse kicked by a couple Mandalorians is going to piss off so many Jedi loving folk:p

jacobot
01-24-2010, 04:55 PM
Cool... We get it a half hour before the Yanks ;)

Prowl_2009
01-24-2010, 07:48 PM
Woo-Hoo! Mandalorians Next Week!!! :cool: :D Udesii!!! :D

pud333
01-25-2010, 01:25 AM
SPOILER!!!!

Excellent episode!! The elder Jedi teaching Ashoka "patience" great episode loved his lightsaber at the end!

He's going to make a pretty neat toy if they actually make a cane-saber for him.

pandaprime
01-25-2010, 02:18 AM
They stole that Cane-Lightsaber idea from my fanfiction:p, lol. I'm not serious, but I do have a lightsaber hidden in a cane in one story.:D

I really liked Master Sinubey(sp?), nice character introduction and a fun, albeit simple character...:cool:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Terra_Sinube

So that's how you spell it! :)

Robimus
01-25-2010, 02:36 AM
Oh, I could have figured out how to spell it.;) I just couldn't be bothered to interupt my typing to look it up.:p

And I find the wookieepedia useful at times, but mostly dreadful:p Fan opinions do not equal canonical fact damn it!;):eek::cool:

Prowl_2009
01-25-2010, 10:34 AM
He's going to make a pretty neat toy if they actually make a cane-saber for him.

Well, in my opinion, this figure simply won't work without a cane-saber. :D It's just not Master Sinube without one! :D

jacobot
01-25-2010, 10:55 AM
What episode did Plo Koon use his guanlet?

Saber-Cane is a must!

Prowl_2009
01-25-2010, 12:20 PM
Plo Koon hasn't used his guanlet yet as far as I can remember. That Clone Wars figure was based off concept art for ROTS, but Filonni has said we may see Plo use his guanlet saber weapon eventually at some point during the show.

SPLIT LIP
01-25-2010, 03:24 PM
And I find the wookieepedia useful at times, but mostly dreadful:p Fan opinions do not equal canonical fact damn it!;):eek::cool:Oh my God yes what am I talking about.

Well, in my opinion, this figure simply won't work without a cane-saber. :D It's just not Master Sinube without one! :DThey could hide the blade in the cane body or something, or go back to using peg-in blades, or just give him two canes. Whatever it is, I want it.

Plo Koon hasn't used his guanlet yet as far as I can remember. That Clone Wars figure was based off concept art for ROTS, but Filonni has said we may see Plo use his guanlet saber weapon eventually at some point during the show.Considering how big a Plo Koon fan he is, I'd consider that a promise. :D

Prowl_2009
01-25-2010, 04:55 PM
Agreed and Agreed!!! :cool:

Robimus
01-26-2010, 12:16 AM
Remember when I emailed Teletoon about there scheduling in early January. I got the response:

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Rob,

Thank you for contacting TELETOON. I apologize for the delay in responding to your message - as you can imagine, TELETOON receives hundreds of emails and sometimes it takes a while to respond to everyone.

I'm sorry to hear that you're disappointed in some of our programming. Please know that we are sensitive to your concerns and that your comments regarding Star Wars: The Clone Wars have been forwarded to our Programming Department for their consideration. The scheduling change on January 1 was due to the holiday and new episodes of Star Wars: The Clone Wars continue to air every Friday night at 8:30 pm.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write to us and for watching TELETOON.

Best wishes,

ANNE GARNEAU
Communications Assistant
----------------------------------

TELETOON IN CAPS :p Being that I now completely understand their programming decision then I feel kinda bad that I complained:p

Trying to have as many weeks filled with a new episode as possible actually makes a lot more sense than lumping the episodes together like Cartoon Network does, only to then take the next two or three weeks off.

Anyway it was nice of them to respond.

Robimus
01-26-2010, 12:34 AM
Oh my God yes what am I talking about.

I'm not sure but I'll give you a recent example to illustrate my rant.:D Being that I talk at length with many of the Star Wars Wookiee Editors of Note I've come to the conclusion that they want to, at times, cherry pick what canon counts and what doesn't when there is a issue.

Take the ressurection of Eeth Koth. Karen Miller in a Clone Wars Animated tie in novel wrote about Koth being alive post Geonosis in her novel Wild Space which was released in mid 2008.

Eeth Koth was canonically killed in an Episode 2 Source book released in 2006, but Karen Miller upon reviewing the Season 2 scripts while writing latched on to him being alive(brought back by Filoni) and included him in her novel.

The Wookieepedia people assumed that Karen Miller had made an error(and in fact included this opinion on Eeth's Wook page) when in fact she had not.

When I called them on this error they argued that "we had to make a judgement call", this after some of them spent time slamming Karen Miller for not researching the universe correctly when writing her novel.

In short Karen was right, the fans who do the edit wars on Wookieepedia were wrong. Yet they presented their opinion as fact in the article in question.

Another simple case in point is the link that Panda directed us kindly towards.

Whoever created the article spelled Tera with an extra "R". The wook has been fixed at this point but I think it says volumes about the accuracy of the articles at any given time.

Welcome to my world of extreme Star Wars nerdism:D

Prowl_2009
01-26-2010, 12:44 AM
Any indication of how many episodes the Mandalorian story arc will encompase? :confused:

Robimus
01-26-2010, 01:22 AM
There is another Cartoon Network "4 week break" after episode #115 I believe, so I'm hoping all four leading into that are Mandalorian centered.

Prowl_2009
01-26-2010, 09:53 AM
You and me both, Robimus. Wish I could find a better version of the preview for next weeks episode, the first one had terrible video and audio. :rolleyes: