PDA

View Full Version : Paypal suggestion

aznpnoy
10-15-2010, 11:12 PM
Hey guys, just wondering if I could file a dispute on paypal if I sent the payment as a gift. I bought something from someone here but I haven't gotten any new replies from the person in about a week or so now.

THanks!

Super_Megatron
10-16-2010, 10:29 AM
There's only one way to find out, file one. Please leave feedback on this person so other members are aware. We do not allow scammers here, if you do not receive your item or a reply let me know.

aznpnoy
10-16-2010, 11:27 AM
I'm giving him till the end of the weekend as he said he was sick the last time I got a PM from him which was on the 5th. I read about paypal desputes and I think I am out of luck as payment sent as gift cannot be desputed.. I hope he owns up and sends the items I already paid for :(

pud333
10-16-2010, 01:08 PM
I'm giving him till the end of the weekend as he said he was sick the last time I got a PM from him which was on the 5th. I read about paypal desputes and I think I am out of luck as payment sent as gift cannot be desputed.. I hope he owns up and sends the items I already paid for :(

The 5th has been a while, and unless he's got something where he has to be in the hospital, chances are he should have responded by now, but who knows? Maybe he's got other problems to deal with. Giving him till the end of the weekend seems more than fair.

Did he have prior feedback? I know the feedback system here isn't as lively as other sites, so did he have other feedback on other sites? Personally, I never send anything as a gift precisely because paypal sucks and you may be SOL because Paypal only cares if you got the stuff. If you had sent it as goods, he would be forced to provide tracking or some sort of confirmation you got it. If he shafts you, let us know his name so we can all avoid him. Good luck man.

aznpnoy
10-18-2010, 07:15 PM
Hey guys, just posted a feedback on toyguy12345. I think I gave him plenty of time to explain himself but he's ignored my PMs. He was last online last friday.

I know some people would say that I shouldn't have sent the payment as a gift but I've been trading online for a while now and I haven't encountered anything like this so I had good faith on him that he was a cool guy via multiple PMs and on his posts.

I guess there's always a first.. :(

pud333
10-23-2010, 03:53 PM
Hey guys, just posted a feedback on toyguy12345. I think I gave him plenty of time to explain himself but he's ignored my PMs. He was last online last friday.

I know some people would say that I shouldn't have sent the payment as a gift but I've been trading online for a while now and I haven't encountered anything like this so I had good faith on him that he was a cool guy via multiple PMs and on his posts.

I guess there's always a first.. :(

That's fair. Thanks for the feedback so we know who to avoid. As for the gift thing, yeah, I understand where you're coming from and I normally like to give people the benefit of the doubt. But online I find it's too easy for people to get away with stuff. The only people I send as gift now is to people that I've done a few deals with already so I know they're good people.

Napseeker
10-23-2010, 05:09 PM
Yeah it sounds like you were reasonable about waiting. I got scammed for hundreds of dollars about 7 years ago (bought a laptop which turned out to have many problems) and am very cautious now about who I deal with. They have to have a pretty long track record before I would send them any money - in large sums at least.

aznpnoy
10-24-2010, 09:13 PM
Thanks guys. it's just that i find 99.9% of toy collectors here and on other forums are honest specially canadians. :canada:

I'll be more careful on my future deals. The worst is that he is still online here a lot and never replies to PMs.

Super_Megatron
10-24-2010, 10:22 PM
This will be resolved one way or another.