PDA

View Full Version : The Clone Wars: Season 3 Episode 12 Discussion Thread

Robimus
01-04-2011, 01:47 AM
http://www.starwars.com/img/theclonewars/guide/epguide312.jpg

Enter The Nightsisters of Dathomir

Robimus
01-04-2011, 01:48 AM
So it begins, the most eagerly anticipated story arc of Season 3.

I'm interested to see what they do with Serenno in this episode.

SPLIT LIP
01-04-2011, 02:34 PM
And when does this air? Friday like normal?

Robimus
01-04-2011, 02:51 PM
I don't know. Friday in the USA, maybe here.

StarwarsTF
01-07-2011, 09:17 PM
Come on 8:30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! then I can get ready for work lol

Robimus
01-08-2011, 01:44 AM
I was at work. Was it on? Because if it was it will replay on Sunday as well.

jacobot
01-08-2011, 11:34 AM
YES!
Back to some good old Jedi Light Saber dueling... A battle in space to start is always good too :)

Robimus
01-08-2011, 03:24 PM
Hmmnnn, I don't see the Sunday replay on the Schedule this week:banghead:

jacobot
01-09-2011, 10:46 AM
^They had to make room for TF Prime and Renegades on Sunday ;) Probably repeat during the week... I'm sure your Jedi skills could force it from the internet :)

Prowl_2009
01-10-2011, 11:03 AM
Great way to kick off the new episodes! :cool: Loved the flashback scene with Ventress and her lightsaber duel with Count Dooku was awesome! :D

Robimus
01-10-2011, 04:22 PM
^They had to make room for TF Prime and Renegades on Sunday ;) Probably repeat during the week... I'm sure your Jedi skills could force it from the internet :)

I try to not watch the shows off the internet if possible. Hopefully it will replay, if not I'll catch part 2 on Friday this week.:)

Robimus
01-14-2011, 01:37 AM
This episode is on Teletoon.com now for your viewing pleasure.

Robimus
01-14-2011, 10:42 PM
This was a solid episode with a lot of redeeming qualities to it. Most notably to me was how it showed Dooku as a true Sith Lord. Blinded and drugged(or poisened) he was still more than a match for the assassins, including Ventress - which also fits with the rest EU quite nicely as well.

Ventress's backstory as seen through the flashbacks was excellent as well. I even liked her power level in this episode, yeah the double choke might have been a little over the top but then she is suppost to be a threat to the Jedi, even multiple Jedi at one time.

The witches worked out fine in this episode, as did Dathomir. I liked that we got a lot of original characters, while losing the Resolute in the opening battle.

The only marks I deduct from this were for the scenes involving Darth Sidious. This was a very bad presentation of him. It's always been an established fact that rule of two Sith apprentices train other apprentices in an effort to overthrow their Masters. To not do so is considered a failure on the part of the apprentice.

Now enter Palaptine's lame dialog about having Dooku eliminate Ventress, and him even yelling about it no less http://media.ign.com/boardfaces/12.gif . It makes Palpatine look fearful and weak, like Ventress & Dooku could best him so he has to break them up.

Reality is Dooku & Ventress are no match, no threat to Palaptine - so why Palpatine would be willing to throw away an asset of Ventress's talent just makes no sense at all - while putting Anakin at risk in the process(when he is the end game for Palpatine) with his non sense.

Palpatine is a lot smoother and a lot smarter than this portrayal shows.

Overall a good episode with one little hickup