PDA

View Full Version : Dan Aykroyd is coming soon to a Liquor Mart near me!

Robimus
03-06-2009, 12:36 AM
Got news today at my place of work that Dan Aykroyd, the Ghostbuster himself, is going to be appearing at the Liquor Mart I work in to sign bottles from his winery and meet fans.:D

If your in the Winnipeg area and would like to meet Mr. Aykroyd he will be appearing in the following Liquor Stores pushing his wines:

March 23, 11am-1pm Madison Square Liqour Mart 1600 Ness.

March 23, 3pm-5pm Grant Park Liquor Mart

March 24, 11am-1pm City Place Liquor Mart

Maybe we can get some of the low down on the new Ghostbusters movie someone was telling me about a couple months ago. Might be fun, even if I'm not scheduled to work I might go and check it out.:)

Super_Megatron
03-06-2009, 01:04 AM
Signing at Liquor Mart?
That's hilarious.

pud333
03-06-2009, 08:09 PM
That's awesome! I wish I could be there. The highlight of my celebrity run-in has to be a threeway tie with the dude who played Bo from the Dukes of Hazard. I served him popcorn back in the day. Also served popcorn to Jessica Alba back during her Dark Angel days. Or finally when Supreme Chancellor Valorum demanded I turn the sound down in the theatre. When I told him I'd have to talk to my boss, he said, "Tell your boss Terence Stamp, the actor, wants the sound turned down." When I told my boss this, he laughed. True story. :cool:

Robimus
03-24-2009, 01:01 AM

So the big day came and went. I managed to score the above, autographed MLCC Propaganda which Mr. Aykroyd was kind enough to sign and leave for staff members.:D

He took a lot of time in our store, took pictures with the staff and signed upwards of 600 bottles of product for customers(nevermind DVD's and other stuff) in the two hours he was at our location.

Form all accounts he is a great guy, very accomadating to his fans. We had a lineup which circled our entire store of people waiting to meet him. The whole event was a smashing success.:)

GMfan101
03-24-2009, 03:38 PM
Awesome, my approval for Dan Aykroyd has increased

Beechy
03-24-2009, 03:57 PM
Anyone come dressed as a Blues Brother?

JaySmith
03-24-2009, 09:41 PM

So the big day came and went. I managed to score the above, autographed MLCC Propaganda which Mr. Aykroyd was kind enough to sign and leave for staff members.:D

He took a lot of time in our store, took pictures with the staff and signed upwards of 600 bottles of product for customers(nevermind DVD's and other stuff) in the two hours he was at our location.

Form all accounts he is a great guy, very accomadating to his fans. We had a lineup which circled our entire store of people waiting to meet him. The whole event was a smashing success.:)

Any signed bottles remaining? :p

Robimus
03-24-2009, 10:24 PM
Any signed bottles remaining? :p

He signed and left around 200 extra bottles with us. No lie. We'll have an entire display for some time.

GMfan101
03-25-2009, 11:38 AM
When ya wanna get drunk.....in Manitoba.....who ya gonna call?

JaySmith
03-25-2009, 05:08 PM
He signed and left around 200 extra bottles with us. No lie. We'll have an entire display for some time.

My girlfriends parents are huge wine aficionado's, how much does a signed bottle list for? :p

Robimus
03-25-2009, 10:37 PM
$14.99, same as the unsigned ones:)

JaySmith
03-26-2009, 01:21 PM
$14.99, same as the unsigned ones:)

ORLY now. I'll have to stop in, and grab a bottle for my girlfriends parents! :) If by some foreseen chance that they're about to sell out, would you mind setting one aside for myself? As I wouldn't be able to make it down till tomorrow.

Robimus
03-26-2009, 02:56 PM
Assuming they haven't sold out in the couple days I've had off I'll set one aside.:)

pud333
03-26-2009, 05:30 PM
That is very cool of him signing so many things. Seriously, I know when I fill out paperwork, my hand feels like it's gonna fall off after about a dozen signatures. That's nuts.

JaySmith
03-27-2009, 12:52 AM
Assuming they haven't sold out in the couple days I've had off I'll set one aside.:)

Wicked. Do you work tomorrow Rob? And was there only one type of wine, or multiple?

Robimus
03-27-2009, 12:53 AM
Wicked. Do you work tomorrow Rob? And was there only one type of wine, or multiple?

Four types, lots of each. Yeah I'm around tomorrow.:)

JaySmith
03-27-2009, 01:24 AM
Four types, lots of each. Yeah I'm around tomorrow.:)

At the St. James location? ;) What hours do you work, as I'll make sure to stop by and get your opinions on which type of wine to purchase.... as I have no idea. lol